「With a Special Event Honoring Professors Michio Sugeno and Hideo Tanaka's Retirement from Academic Duties」
9-11 April 2010, Ishikawa, Japan
The Symposium will take place at Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (JAIST). JAIST is a graduate students-only campus and research center, it is located in a picturesque area in Ishikawa prefecture, near the shore of the Sea of Japan. This region is known for the quality of its mountain water, because of which the locally produced sake is the best in Japan. Ishikawa is also well-known for many various traditional arts and crafts. The campus is accessible by airplane via Komatsu airport or by train via Komatsu station and Kanazawa station.
Within 20km of JAIST is an ancient City of Kanazawa, the prefectural capital of Ishikawa and known as the Northern Kyoto for its numerous temples, beautiful gardens, ancient castle, old city, and many other attractions. The time of the conference is also expected to be the ideal time for participants to enjoy the cherry blossom.
Please click HERE for more details of location and how to reach there.
◆ Ishikawa High-Tech Center (one minute walking from JAIST):
- Single room: ~4,000 JPY per night
- Twin room: ~3,700JPY per person per night sharing and ~5,000 JPY per night for single occupation.
NOTE: The above costs are only applied for JAIST-related people, therefore it is necessary to apply for reservation, on a “first come-first serve” basis, via JAIST. Also, due to a limited number of rooms, at the moment we cannot guarantee a room at the Center even for a very early reservation.
◆ Kanazawa International Hotel (a shuttle service to JAIST will be arranged)
- All rooms are standard twin rooms.
- A package of rooms has been reserved for the Conference attendees and accompanying people at discount prices (please clearly specify “IUM 2010” on your booking form).
● 7,200 JPY per night for single occupation (with Breakfast)
● 6,200 JPY per person per night sharing (with Breakfast)
◆ Tagawa Ryusenkaku (discount prices for JAIST-related guests)
- Single room: 6,500 JPY (with Breakfast); 8,500 JPY (with Dinner and Breakfast)
- Japanese style room (10 tatami; at least 4 people): 9,500 JPY (with Breakfast); 11,500 JPY (with Dinner and Breakfast)
- Japanese style room (10 tatami; 1 person): 18,000 JPY~
If you have any inquiries regarding accommodation, please feel free to get in touch with Mr. Akio HIRAMATSU at firstname.lastname@example.org.