Togi-machi Saikai Shrine
Mikoshi (portable shrine), kiriko, (tall paper lanterns), taiko (drums), etc. By bus to Togi, then by bus toward Monzen. Get off at Kazanashi.
- 9/10-11, 9/14-15 Autumn Festival $B=)$^$D$j(B
- Throughout Suzu-City
City-wide festival from the beginning of September till the Beginning of October with many attractions
- 9/10-11 Takojima-machi Kiriko Festival and Hayabuna Kyogen (Humorous Noh Play)
- 9/14-15 Shoin-machi Kiriko and Yakko Buri (Servant dancing)
- 9/14 Misaki-machi Giant Kiriko, etc.
- 9/7-9 Ataka Festival $B0BBp$^$D$j(B
- O-miya ShrineTraditional round dance performed by unmarried women in solid red kimono in traditional hair styles
O-machi Main Street
- 9/9 O-machi Festival $BBgD.$^$D$j(B
O-miya shrine's fall festival featuring numerous kiriko and dashi (parade vehicles) parading the main street of O-machi
- 9/14 Kawawatashi Festival $B@nEO$7(B
- Hakui Shrine
A parade of shishimai (tiger head dragon) dancers fill Hakui's main street to the background of Gionbashi music
- 9/14-15 Kanami Fall Festival $BKanami Hakusan Shrine
$B7j?eD.!& On the 14th ritural purifications are performed on shishimai dancers who then parade the streets. On the 15th the shishimai costumes are displayed in front of the Hakusan shrine
- 9/16 Exorcism $B0-Kbc1$$(B
A Shinto dance at night during the Hakusan Autumn Festival where dancers dressed in costumes enact a demon exorcism.
- 9/16 Yanagida Festival $BLxEDBg:W(B
$BLxEDB Torchlight festival featuring 5 giant kirikos (13-14m), taiko, bells, flutes, etc.
- 9/17-18 Ogi Sode Kiriko Festival $B>.LZB5$-$j$3:W$j(B
- Suzu, Uchiura-machi Ogi districtFeatures kiriko lanterns in the shape of a kimono with sleeves (sode) outstretched.
- 9/20 Okumakabuto Matsuri $B$*7'9C:W$j(B
- Nakashima-machi Miyamae districtMikoshi from 19 shrines are featured in this festival along with bells, drums, dancing, and exotic masks.
- 9/22-23 Koi-Koi Matsuri $B$3$$$3$$:W(B
- Yamanaka-machi Kiku-no-yu DistrictOne of the most well known festivals of the Hokuriku Region featuring dancing, singing, mikoshi, etc.
- 9/23-24 Don-Don Matsuri $B$I$s$I$s$^$D$j(B
- Komatsu-shi Commercial DistrictThis festival features the famous taiko of the Komatsu area as well as dancing and other events. There is a big parade on the 23rd.
- 9/25 Shiramaru Hikiyama Festival $BGr4][*;3:W$j(B
- Suzu, Uchiura Dist. Shiramaru $B
In this festival, little boys dressed as girls ride on floats which go around to every house in the village. Girls are forbidden to ride.
- 9/25 Karato-Yama Sacred Sumo $BEb8M;3?@;vAjKP(B
- Hakui Karato-Yama Sumo Grounds $B1):p;TEb8M;3AjKP>l(BA sumo tournament performed in ancient fashion at a site said to be the oldest sumo grounds in the country. This rite is over 2000 years old.