Susumu Horita Associate Professor
School of Materials Science（Department of Materials Science・Materials Characterization and Device）
B.E. degree in electrical engineering, Kanazawa University(1982), M.E.in Applied Electronics, Tokyo Institute of Technology(1984), Dr.Eng. in Applied Electronics, Tokyo Institute of Technology(1987)
Recturer (1988), Associate Professor (1992) at Kanazawa University
Study on FET type ferroelectric memory and low temperature fabrication of Si film and Si oxide film on glass or plastic substrate. These devices have new functional operation for the future.
Si Thin Film, Si Oxide Film, Thin Film Transistor, Laser Anneal, Ferroelectric Memory
Fabrication of integrated ferroelectric memory on Si substrate
Ferroelectric memory to use remanent polarization of a ferroelectric film has the feature points of high switching speed, nonvolatility, radiation tolerance and high density. So, this is expected as an ultimate memory. In our research, we deposit a PZT(Pb(Zr,Ti)O3) film on an Si substrate and fabricate an integrated memory device which operates with our original principle.
Fabrication of low temperature poly-crystalline Si film with controlled grain boundary location by a pulse laser beam on a glass substrate
We fabricate a low-temperature poly Si film on an amorphous or glass substrate by melting-crystallization of a deposited Si film using a pulse laser. In our research, we control, using our original method, the location of grain boundary which reduces carrier mobility in devices. Final our target is to obtain an Si film with single crystalline quality on a glass substrate and to apply it to Thin Film Transistor (TFT).
Low temperature formation of a crystallized Si film on a glass substrate by using a seed or template layer
Fabrication of a good quality crystallized Si film on a glass or plastic substrate at low temperature leads to creation of a new device. In our research, by means of the low temperature formation of a seed or template layer on the glass substrate before depositing Si film, we try to obtain a low temperature crystallized Si film on the glass substrate.
Low temperature Si oxide film formation with ozone gas and silicone oil
We found out low temperature fabrication method of Si oxidation by using 1 % ozone gas and silicone oil. By this new method, we can obtain a high growth rate of Si dioxide film, about 60 nm/60 min, at low temperature of 200C. Generally, in order to get Si oxide film at low temperature, plasma is used. However, it produces plasma-damage in the film. By our method, without plasma-damage, it is possible to get a high qulaity SiO2 film at low temperature.
- Disturb-Free Writing Operation for Ferroelectric Gate Field-Effect Transistor Memories with Intermediate Electrodes， S. Horita and B. N. Q. Trinh，IEEE Transaction on Electron Devices，Vol. 56，No. 12，pp. 3090-3096，2009/12
- Low-Temperature Crystallization of Silicon Films Directly Deposited on Glass Substrates Covered with Yttria-Stabilized Zirconia Layers，Susumu Horita and Sukreen Hana，Jpn. J. Appl. Phys.，Vol. 49，No. 10，pp.105801,1-11，2010/10
- Low-Temperature Deposition of Silicon Oxide Film from the Reaction of Silicone Oil Vapor and Ozone Gas，S. Horita, K. Toriyabe, and K. Nishioka，Jpn. J. Appl. Phys., Vol. 48, No. 3, pp. 035501-1,7.，2009/3
◇Lectures and Presentations
- Passivation Effect of F+Y Monolayer on Yttria-stabilized Zirconia (YSZ) Layers of LTPS，S. Horita，Proc. of the 16th International Display Workshops (IDW'10), FMCp-24, pp.889-892,，Fukuoka International Congress Center, Fukuoka, Japan，2010/12/2
- New Functional Device Characteristics with 2-Dimensional Array of Si Nanodisk Fabricated by Combination of Bio-Template and Ultimate Top-down Etching，M. Igarashi, C.-H. Huang, M. Tomura, M. Takeguchi, S. Horita, Y. Uraoka, T. Fuyuki, I. Yamashita, T. Morie, and S. Samukawa，Extended Abstracts of the 2009 International Conference on Solid State Devices and Materials (SSDM 2009), J-9-3, pp.1364-1365.，Miyagi, Japan， 2009/10/7-10/9
- A New Structure of nanodisk (Stacked Nanodisk) fabricated by bio-nano-process and defect-free neutral beam etching，C.-. Huang, M. Igarashi, M. Tomura, M. Takeguchi, S. Horita, Y. Uraoka, T. Fuyuki, I. Yamashita, and S. Samukawa，Extended Abstracts of the 2009 International Conference on Solid State Devices and Materials (SSDM 2009), J-9-4,pp.1366-1367.，Miyagi, Japan，2009/10/7-10/9
◇Academic Society Affiliations
- Japan Society of Applied Physics，Member，2002-
- MRS (Materials Research Society) in U.S.A.，Member，2002-
- Institute of Electronics Information and Communication Engineers in Japan，Member，2002-
- 2012 The 19th International Workshop on Active-Materix Flatpanel Displays and Devices (AM-FPD '12) ，Executive Committee, Program Committee (TFT session leader)，2011/10/01 - 2012/09/30
- The 19th International Display Workshops(IDW'12)， Activ Matrix Displays(AMD) Workshop Committee，2012/03/01 - 2013/02/28
- The Japan Society of Applied Physics (JSAP)，APEX/JJAP Editorial Board Editor，Editor，2012/04/01 - 2013/03/31
■Academic Awards Received
- Outstanding Poster Paper Award，10th International Display Workshops，2003