|ÃÎ¼±¸¦µæÅïKS Building £É¡¡5F
Susumu Kunifuji Vice-President
M. Eng. Tokyo Institute of Technology (1974), Dr. Eng.Tokyo Institute of Technology (1994)
Researcher of International Institute for Advanced Study of Social Information Science, FUJITSU Ltd. (1974-1982), Chief researcher of Institute for New Generation Computer Technology (1982-1986), Manager of International Institute for Advanced Study of Social Information Science, FUJITSU Ltd. (1986-1992), Professor of School of Information Science of JAIST(1992-1998), Director of Center for Information Science of JAIST(1992-1998), Professor of School of Knowledge Science of JAIST (1998-), Director of Center for Knowledge Science of JAIST (2000-2004)
Creativity Support Systems
Abductive Thinking Support Systems, Groupware, Knowladge-based Systems
Abductive Thinking (Ideal Generation, Inspiration) Support Systems
Our research currently focuses on creative thinking support systems, groupwares, and knowledge-based systems, e.g., brainstorming system, convergent thinking support system, group decision support system, real world workflow software, awareness support system, abductive and inductive logic programming, and legal expert system.
In Japan, there are several manual creation thinking techniques such as KJ method, NM method, and Equivalent Transformation theory. They are methods for getting new ideas from given data. By getting a hint from these techniques, we are now designing and implementing a new type of creative thinking support system, that is, a hybrid system with divergent thinking support function and convergent thinking support function.
Combining an appropriate system analysis methodology united with a system modelling methodology, we designed and implemented and a knowledge acquisition support groupware GRAPE. GRAPE ia a bottom-up type group decision support system. From the experience of developing GRAPE, we implemented new ideas of decision support groupwares. They include a QDA(Quality Deployment Approach) based requirement analysis system and a consensus-making support system with trade-off resolution functions.
- Creativity Support in Brainstorming / in Creativity Environents edited by A. P. Wierzbicki and Y. Nakamori¡¤£Ó¡¥£Ë£õ£î£é£æ£õ£ê£é¡¤¡¡£Î¡¥£Ë£á£ô£ï and A. P. Wierzbicki¡¤Springer¡¤2007¡¤pp.93-126
- Meta-synthesis and Creativity Support Systems =Guest Editors¡Ç Introduction¡¤J. Gu, S. Kunifuji and X. Tang¡¤International Journal of Information Technology and Decision Making, World Scientific¡¤Sept. 2007¡¤pp.407-410
- Message from the Progrm Co-Chair¡¤S. Kunifuji¡¤The Second International Conference on Knowledge, Information, and Creativity Support Systems¡¤5-7 Nov. 2007
- An Empirical Study of an RFID Mat Sensor System in a Group Home¡¤Motoki Miura, Sadanori Ito, Ryozo Takatsuka, Taro Sugihara, Susumu Kunifuji¡¤Journal of Networks (JNW), Academy Publisher¡¤4¡¤2¡¤133-139
- Qualitative,Quantitative Evaluation of Ideas in Brain Writing Groupware¡¤Ujjwal Neupane, Motoki Miura, Tessai Hayama, Susumu Kunifuji¡¤THE IEICE TRANSACTION ON INFORMATION AND SYSTEMS¡¤Vol.E90-D¡¤No.10¡¤pp.1493-1500¡¤2007
- RodDirect: Two-Dimensional Input with Stylus Knob¡¤Motoki Miura, Susumu Kunifuji¡¤Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Human Computer Interaction with Mobile Devices and Services (MobileHCI 2006)¡¤113-120¡¤2006/09/12
¡þLectures and Presentations
- City¡Çs role for creating transformative service: Case study of Nomi city, Japan¡¤Kunio Shirahada, and Susumu Kunifuji¡¤The 13th International Symposium on Knowledge and Systems Sciences¡¤Ishikawa¡¤11/19/2012
- Practicing on Stage: Increasing Transparency and Interaction in Class Activity with Digital Pen system¡¤Sugihara, T., Miura, M., Kunifuji, S.¡¤Proc. of 14th International Conference on Knowledge-Based Intelligent Information and Engineering Systems (KES2010) (to appear).
- Instant Seat Mapping for Student Note Sharing Process¡¤Miura, M., Sugihara, T., Kunifuji, S.¡¤Proc. of the 10th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Learning Technologies (ICALT2010), Sousse, Tunisia, July (to appear).
¡þAcademic Society Affiliations
- The Japanese Society of Artificial Intelligence¡¤1986-
- Japan Creativity Society¡¤1978-
- Information Processing Society of Japan¡¤1975-
- Program Committee of "Artificial and Computational Intelligence"¡¤ACI'02, IASTED¡¤2002/03/01 - 2002/09/27
- Knowledge-based Intelligent Engineering Systems Center, University of South Australia¡¤Editor of International Journal of Knowledge-based Intelligent Engineering System¡¤2002/04/01 - 2004/03/31
- Ohmsha Ltd. and Springer-Verlag¡¤Editorial Board of New Generation Computing¡¤2002/04/01 - 2004/03/31
¢£Academic Awards Received
- the session best paper¡¤Cybernetics and Informatics(SCI2003)
- Best Academic Paper 2nd¡¤The 8th European Congerence on Creativity and Innovation, Mainz, Germany