Kiyofumi Tanaka Associate Professor
School of Information Science¡¢Security and Networks Area
B.S., M.S. and Ph.D. from the University of Tokyo (1995, 1997, 2000)
Research Associate(JSPS) at the University of Tokyo (2000), Japan Science and Technology Agency, PRESTO Researcher (2001-2005)
Computer Architecture, Parallel Computer, Embedded System
Parallel computer architecture
In parallel computer systems, dynamic reduction in messages is an effective scheme for preventing hot-spots which degrade performance. We study how to build a highly functional interconnection network that implements the reduction. Futher, we study adaptive directory scheme for management of shared data.
Memory system for large-scale data
We propose a reconfigurable cache memory that provides a buffer for large-scale data, and DMA mechanisms by a memory controller where stride data sequences are gathered and transferred efficiently. We evaluate the efficiency of them applied to real applications.
Embedded system architecture
We develop the RISC core for embedded systems which is configurable about the hardware elements according to demands on speed, size of hardware and consumption of electricity by various applications. Further, we develop real-time operating system which performs adaptive scheduling. In addition, we investigate reduction in electricity consumption for future architecture.
Processor Architecture for Real-Time Multitasking
A computer is used in multitasking fashion based on time sharing. In this rsearch, we propose the architecture that reduces the time required for switching processor contexts such as register contents and address space when an active task is switched, and alleviates constraints in scheduling of real-time applications.
- An Effective Approach for Improving Responsiveness of Total Bandwidth Server¡¤Doan Duy, Kiyofumi Tanaka¡¤Proc. of 8th International Conference on Information and Communication Technology for Embedded Systems¡¤Online¡¤2017/05/7
- Virtual Environment for Developing Real-Time Image Processing for Vehicle Control¡¤Yuranan Kitrungrotsakul, Kiyofumi Tanaka, Masanobu Hashimoto and Shuichi Onishi¡¤Proc. of International Conference on Embedded Computer Systems: Architectures, Modeling and Simulation¡¤Online¡¤2017/07/17
- Execution Right Delegation: Beyond the Rate Monotonic¡¤Takaharu Suzuki, Kiyofumi Tanaka¡¤Proc. of 32nd International Conference on Computers and Their Applications¡¤185--190¡¤2017/03/20
¡þAcademic Society Affiliations
- The Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers (IEICE)¡¤2005-
- Japan Sience and Technology Agency¡¤PRESTO "Information and Systems"¡¤2001/12/01 - 2005/03/31
¢£Academic Awards Received
- Best Paper Award¡¤Information and Communication Technology for Embedded Systems
- IPSJ Yamashita SIG Research Award¡¤Information Processing Society of Japan¡¤2014