Shinobu Hasegawa Associate Professor
Center for Graduate Education Initiative
B.E. Osaka University (1998), M.E. Osaka University (2000), Ph.D. Osaka University (2002)
Associate at Center for Information Science, JAIST (2002)
Distance Learning System, Support for Web-based Learning
Distance Learning¡¤e-Learning¡¤Web-based Learning¡¤Learning Management System
Digital Library for Web-based Learning
The main topic addressed here is how to help learners select some instructive hypermedia-based learning resources according to their learning contexts from the Web. Our approach to resolve this issue is to provide a digital library for web-based learning called e-Learning Library. This aims to promote their learning with diverse learning resources involving a certain topic.
Tools for Self-directed Learning on WWW
Web-based learning resources provide learners with hyperspace where they can navigate domain concepts/knowledge in a self-directed way from a web page to others by following the links among the pages. The navigation often involves making cognitive efforts at constructing the knowledge from the contents that have been explored. These cognitive efforts would enhance learning. However, learners often reach an impasse during navigation. The main issue addressed here is how to resolve some difficulties with learning tools, which allow learners to explore hyperspace in a self-directed way.
Design Support System for Distance Learning Environment
The main topic addressed in this research is to develop a design support system based on "Design Pattern" methodology in order to implement a distance learning system systematically and sustainably. The design pattern is based on a communication model by integrating educational requirements and system components for actual distance learning programs. This approach makes it possible to aggregate the reusable patterns by integrating practical ideas from the viewpoint of educational technology and hardware/software systems from the viewpoint of ICT.
Portal Site Development for Supporting Research Activities
The main topic addressed in this research is to develop a Web portal site called ¡ÈrPortal¡É as workspace and platform for scaffolding of our daily research activities. The key idea of ¡ÈrPortal¡É is to integrate diverse web services for supporting each research activity seamlessly by managing vast amounts of contents which are generated, used and published in the related activities. ¡ÈrPortal¡É also provides such services that students can easily understand the research activity process itself and manage whole research project.
- Hands-on Environments for Network Technologies on StarBED¡¤T. Miyach, S. Miwa, S. Hasegawa, Y. Tan, and Y. Shinoda¡¤Educational Technology Research (Translation)¡¤Vol.34¡¤pp.107-118¡¤2011
- A Navigation History Comparison Method for Navigational Learning with Web Contents¡¤Koichi Ota, Akihiro Kashihara, and Shinobu Hasegawa¡¤The Journal of Information and Systems in Education¡¤2006 in press
- A Model of Meta-Learning for Web-based Navigational Learning¡¤Akihiro Kashihara, and Shinobu Hasegawa¡¤International Journal of Advanced Technology for Learning¡¤12¡¤4¡¤198-206¡¤2005
¡þLectures and Presentations
- An Article/Presentation Revising Support System for Transferring Laboratory Knowledge¡¤S. Hasegawa and K. Yamane¡¤Proc. of the 19th International Conference on Computers in Education (ICCE2011), pp.247-254, (2011).¡¤Thai¡¤2011.11.28
- An Article Revising Support System for Facilitating Research Activities¡¤S. Hasegawa and K. Yamane¡¤Proc. of the 19th International Conference on Computers in Education (ICCE2011), pp,247-254¡¤Thai¡¤2011.11.30
- A Scaffolding Framework for Creating Presentation Documents in Research Group¡¤A. Kashihara and S. Hasegawa¡¤Proceedings of Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2012, pp. 25-28,¡¤Texas¡¤2011.3.5-9
¡þAcademic Society Affiliations
- Japan Society for Educational Technology¡¤2004-
- The Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers¡¤2001-
- International Conference on Computer Education 2010¡¤Workshop Co-organizaer Workshop Associate Editor¡¤2010/06/07 - 2010/12/03
- Special Interest Group on Advanced Learning Science and Technology, The Japanese Society for Artificial Intelligence¡¤Organizer¡¤2009/04/01 - 2013/03/31
- Special Interest Group on Educationa Technology, The Institute of Electronics, Inforamtion and Communication ENgineers (IEICE)¡¤2008/04/01 - 2012/03/31