Hideyuki Murata Professor
School of Materials Science、Applied Physics Area
B.E (1987) from Saga University, M. E (1989) and Ph. D (1992) from Kyushu University, Japan
Research Chemist at Mitsui Petrochemical Industries Ltd.Japan (1992)
Research Contractor at the Optical Sciences Division, US Naval Research Laboratory, USA (1996)
Senior Lecturer in the Department of Chemistry, Imperial College London, University of London, UK (2001)
Research Chemist, PRESTO, Japan Science and Technology Corporation (2002)
Part-time Lecturer, Garduate School of Engineering, Kyoto University (2003)
Organic Optoelectronic Devices, Organic light emitting diodes, organic solar cells, organic memory, organic sensor, Molecular Devices, Growth Control of Molecular and Polymer Thin Films
Novel conjugated polymer and its thin film growth by vapour phase deposition.
Novel electron transporting polymers (polyoxadiazoles) were developed and film deposition was achieved using vapour deposition of monomers. This unique technique allows large-area uniform thin film growth with very few defects. My group was the first to successfully fabricate multilayer polymer LEDs by vapour phase deposition.
Material development for organic electronics.
We have reported that a novel electron transport material, silole derivative, exhibit very high electron mobility even in an air. We have found that silole derivatives show very high photoluminescence quantum yield of close to unity. The OLED using these compounds as an electron transport layer and an emitting layer showed the efficiency close to the theoretical limit for a device using fluorescent emitter.
Device Physics in OLEDs based on small molecules.
We have investigated mechanisms for enhancing efficiency and stability of the devices by doping of fluorescent dyes. Followings are selected topics for our recent work on OLEDs using guest-host active layer:
1. Direct carrier recombination on guest molecule in guest-host active layer.
2. The role of host material in PL quantum yield and EL quantum efficiency based upon energy transfer mechanism.
3. Temperature-independent EL quantum efficiency due to doping of fluorescent dye.
4. Significant improvement of device durability due to doping of fluorescent dyes.
- 『有機薄膜形成とデバイス応用展開』 第2章4節，
- Systematic study of organic solar cells cross-section by EDS to correlate donor-acceptor vertical concentration gradients and device performances, Varun Vohra, Nur Tahirah Razali, and Hideyuki Murata in “Science and Applications of Tailored，Varun Vohra, Nur Tahirah Razali, and Hideyuki Murata，One Central Press, USA 2017，2017，128-147
- Chapter 7: Interface Engineering: A key aspect for the potential commercialization of printable organic photovoltaic cells, in "Printable Solar Cells"，Varun Vohra, Nur Tahirah Razali, and Hideyuki Murata，Scrivener Publishing LLC，2017，235-261
- Fabrication of the flexible dual-gate OFET based organic pressure sensor，Tatsuya Ishikawa, Heisuke Sakai, Hideyuki Murata，IEICE Transactions on Electronics (Accepted on Sept. 11, 2018)
- Control of threshold voltage and low-voltage operation in organic field effect transistor，Yasuyuki Abe, Heisuke Sakai, Toan Thanh Dao, Hideyuki Murata，IEICE Transactions on Electronics (Accepted on July. 24, 2018)
- Application of gold powder made from gold leaf for conductive inks，Sayaka Yamashita, Heisuke Sakai, Hideyuki Murata，IEICE Transactions on Electronics (Accepted on July. 24, 2018)
◇Lectures and Presentations
- Efficient organic solar cells employing controlled molecular orientation(Invited)，Hideyuki Murata，2017 North East Asia Symposium of Emerging Materials Innovation，Seoul. Korea，2017/10/16
- Degradation analysis of OLED by Fourier transform ion cyclotron resonance mass spectrometry imaging，Hideyuki Murata, Saki Shigematsu, Akio Miyazato, Keiko Miyabayashi, Heisuke Sakai，The 10th International Symposium on Organic Molecular Electronics， Sunmessse Tosu (Saga, Japan)，2018/5/31-6/2
- A High sensitive and flexible dual-gate organic pressure sensor (Invited)，Hideyuki Murata，The 2nd Nippon-Taiwan Workshop on Innovation of Emergent Materials，Ishikawa, Japan，2018/2/28
◇Academic Society Affiliations
- The Institute of Image Information and Television Engineers，Associate Editor of Special Section on OLED in ITE Transactions on Media Technology and Applications，2014-2015
- OLED Forum Japan，Committee Member，2014-
- OLED Forum Japan，Chair of Board Members，2012-2013
- SPIE Optics & Photonics (San Diego CA USA)，Program Committee，2008/08/12 - 2008/08/14
- OLED Forum Japan，Chair of Organizing Committee，2008/06/13 - 2008/06/14
- OLED Forum Japan，Chair of Organizing Committee，2008/11/20 - 2008/11/21
■Academic Awards Received
- The 11th Japan OLED Forum Outstanding Achievement Awards，Japan OLED Forum，2018
- JAIST President Award 2016，JAIST，2016