Hideyuki Murata Professor
School of Materials Science、Applied Physics Area
B.E (1987) from Saga University, M. E (1989) and Ph. D (1992) from Kyushu University, Japan
Research Chemist at Mitsui Petrochemical Industries Ltd.Japan (1992)
Research Contractor at the Optical Sciences Division, US Naval Research Laboratory, USA (1996)
Senior Lecturer in the Department of Chemistry, Imperial College London, University of London, UK (2001)
Research Chemist, PRESTO, Japan Science and Technology Corporation (2002)
Part-time Lecturer, Garduate School of Engineering, Kyoto University (2003)
Organic Optoelectronic Devices, Organic light emitting diodes, organic solar cells, organic memory, organic sensor, Molecular Devices, Growth Control of Molecular and Polymer Thin Films
Novel conjugated polymer and its thin film growth by vapour phase deposition.
Novel electron transporting polymers (polyoxadiazoles) were developed and film deposition was achieved using vapour deposition of monomers. This unique technique allows large-area uniform thin film growth with very few defects. My group was the first to successfully fabricate multilayer polymer LEDs by vapour phase deposition.
Material development for organic electronics.
We have reported that a novel electron transport material, silole derivative, exhibit very high electron mobility even in an air. We have found that silole derivatives show very high photoluminescence quantum yield of close to unity. The OLED using these compounds as an electron transport layer and an emitting layer showed the efficiency close to the theoretical limit for a device using fluorescent emitter.
Device Physics in OLEDs based on small molecules.
We have investigated mechanisms for enhancing efficiency and stability of the devices by doping of fluorescent dyes. Followings are selected topics for our recent work on OLEDs using guest-host active layer:
1. Direct carrier recombination on guest molecule in guest-host active layer.
2. The role of host material in PL quantum yield and EL quantum efficiency based upon energy transfer mechanism.
3. Temperature-independent EL quantum efficiency due to doping of fluorescent dye.
4. Significant improvement of device durability due to doping of fluorescent dyes.
- 『有機薄膜形成とデバイス応用展開』 第2章4節，
- Systematic study of organic solar cells cross-section by EDS to correlate donor-acceptor vertical concentration gradients and device performances, Varun Vohra, Nur Tahirah Razali, and Hideyuki Murata in “Science and Applications of Tailored，Varun Vohra, Nur Tahirah Razali, and Hideyuki Murata，One Central Press, USA 2017，2017，128-147
- Chapter 7: Interface Engineering: A key aspect for the potential commercialization of printable organic photovoltaic cells, in "Printable Solar Cells"，Varun Vohra, Nur Tahirah Razali, and Hideyuki Murata，Scrivener Publishing LLC，2017，235-261
- Fivefold enhancement in the stability of organic light emitting diodes with the addition of non-evaporable getters pump，Duy Cong Le, Shiho Oyama, Heisuke Sakai, Tommaso Porcelli, Fabrizio Siviero, Enrico Maccallini, Marco Urbano, HideyukiMurata，Applied Physics Express,，10，071601，2017
- Dual-gate low-voltage organic transistor for pressure sensing，Yushi Tsuji, Heisuke Sakai, Linrun Feng, Xiaojun Guo and Hideyuki Murata,，Applied Physics Express,，10，021601，2017
- Systematic study of organic solar cells cross-section by EDS to correlate donor-acceptor vertical concentration gradients and device performances，Varun Vohra, Nur Tahirah Razali, and Hideyuki Murata，"Science and Applications of Tailored Nanostructures" Ed. Paolo Di Sia (One Central Press, USA 2017)
◇Lectures and Presentations
- Development of a Flexible Dual gate Organic Pressure Sensor，Heisuke Sakai, Yushi Tsuji, Hideyuki Murata，The 9th International Conference on Molecular Electronics and Bioelectronics (M&BE9)，Ishikawa, Japan，2017/6/26-28
- Lamination and Spray Coating of Organic Solar Cells，Nur Tahirah Razali, Hideyuki Murata, Varun Vohra, Mahshuri Yusof, Leong Yeng Weng, Khairunisa Kamarudinand Izzat Abdul Malik，International UNIMAS-STEM 10th Engineering Conference (EnCon)，Sarawak, Malaysia，2017/9/13-15
- Efficient organic solar cells employing controlled molecular orientation，Hideyuki Murata，The 3rd Symposium of the Center for High-performance Nature-derived Materials and the 4th Int. Symposium for Green-Innovation Polymers，Ishikawa, Japan，2017/9/26
◇Academic Society Affiliations
- The Institute of Image Information and Television Engineers，Associate Editor of Special Section on OLED in ITE Transactions on Media Technology and Applications，2014-2015
- OLED Forum Japan，Committee Member，2014-
- OLED Forum Japan，Chair of Board Members，2012-2013
- The 15th International Display Workshops (IDW '08)Niigata, Japan，Program Committee，2008/12/03 - 2008/12/05
- SPIE Optics & Photonics (San Diego CA USA)，Program Committee，2008/08/12 - 2008/08/14
- OLED Forum Japan，Chair of Organizing Committee，2008/06/13 - 2008/06/14
■Academic Awards Received
- JAIST President Award 2016，JAIST，2016