Toshi-kazu Suzuki Professor
School of Materials Science、Applied Physics Area
B.S.(1987), M.S.(1989), and Ph.D.(1992) from the University of Tokyo
Researcher at Sony Corporation Research Center (1992),Researcher at Sony Corporation Frontier Science Laboratories (1999),Senior Researcher at Sony Corporation Frontier Science Laboratories (2000),Senior Researcher at Sony Corporation Semiconductor Network Company (2001).
Compound semiconductor electronics:compound semiconductor crystal growth and high-speed devices
Compound semiconductor electronics, Electron devices
Compound semiconductor crystal growth
Crystal growth and defect reduction of highly lattice-mismatched III-V compound semiconductors (InSb, InGaSb/InAlSb, InGaAs/InAlAs on GaAs etc.) by means of molecular beam epitaxy.
Compound semiconductor devices, high-speed devices
Fabrication and characterization of III-V compound semiconductor devices (InGaSb/InAlSb, InGaAs/InAlAs, GaN/AlGaN), Investigation of influences of crystalline defects on compound semiconductor device performances, Investigation of high-speed performances of ultra-small compound semiconductor devices.
Heterogeneous integration technology for narrow-gap semiconductors
Developement of bonding and integration technology for narrow-gap semiconductors on arbitrary host substrates by using lattice-mismatched epitaxial lift-off.
- Suppression of drain-induced barrier lowering by double-recess overlapped gate structure in normally-off AlGaN-GaN MOSFETs，T. Sato, K. Uryu, J. Okayasu, M. Kimishima, and T. Suzuki，Appl. Phys. Lett.，113，063505，(2018).
- Insulator-semiconductor interface fixed charges in AlGaN/GaN metal-insulator-semiconductor devices with Al2O3 or AlTiO gate dielectrics，S. P. Le, D. D. Nguyen, and T. Suzuki，J. Appl. Phys.，123，034504，(2018).
- Threshold voltages of Al2O3/AlGaN/GaN and AlTiO/AlGaN/GaN metal-insulator-semiconductordevices，S. P. Le, T. Ui, D. D. Nguyen, and T. Suzuki，49th Int. Conf. on Solid State Devices and Materials，N-3-04，(2017).
◇Lectures and Presentations
- Characterization and analysis of GaN-based MIS-HFETs ――A method using capacitance-frequency-temperature mapping (Invited)，T. Suzuki, H.-A. Shih, and M. Kudo，The 40th International Symposium on Compound Semiconductors (ISCS2013)，Kobe，(2013).
- Narrow-gap III-V semiconductor technology: lattice-mismatched growth and epitaxial lift-off for heterogeneous integration (Invited)，T. Suzuki，2008 Asia-Pacific Workshop on Fundamentals and Applications of Advanced Semiconductor Devices (AWAD)，Sapporo，7/9-11 (2008).
◇Academic Society Affiliations
- The Institute of Electrical Engineers of Japan，member，2008-
- The Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers，member，2004-
- The Japan Society of Applied Physics，member，1993-
- The Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers, Electron Device Committee，committee member
- Applied Physics Express (APEX) and Japanese Journal of Applied Physics (JJAP)，Editor，2013/04/01 -
- IEEE Electron Device Letters，Golden Reviewer
■Academic Awards Received
- APEX/JJAP Editorial Contribution Award，The Japan Society of Applied Physics，2015