Toshi-kazu Suzuki Professor
Center for Nano Materials and Technology
B.S.(1987), M.S.(1989), and Ph.D.(1992) from the University of Tokyo
Researcher at Sony Corporation Research Center (1992),Researcher at Sony Corporation Frontier Science Laboratories (1999),Senior Researcher at Sony Corporation Frontier Science Laboratories (2000),Senior Researcher at Sony Corporation Semiconductor Network Company (2001).
Compound semiconductor electronics:compound semiconductor crystal growth and high-speed devices
Compound semiconductor electronics, Electron devices
Compound semiconductor crystal growth
Crystal growth and defect reduction of highly lattice-mismatched III-V compound semiconductors (InSb, InGaSb/InAlSb, InGaAs/InAlAs on GaAs etc.) by means of molecular beam epitaxy.
Compound semiconductor devices, high-speed devices
Fabrication and characterization of III-V compound semiconductor devices (InGaSb/InAlSb, InGaAs/InAlAs, GaN/AlGaN), Investigation of influences of crystalline defects on compound semiconductor device performances, Investigation of high-speed performances of ultra-small compound semiconductor devices.
Heterogeneous integration technology for narrow-gap semiconductors
Developement of bonding and integration technology for narrow-gap semiconductors on arbitrary host substrates by using lattice-mismatched epitaxial lift-off.
- AlGaN-GaN metal-insulator-semiconductor high-electron-mobility transistors with very high-k oxynitride TaOxNy gate dielectric，T. Sato, J. Okayasu, M. Takikawa, and T. Suzuki，IEEE Electron Device Letters，34，375，(2013).
- Analysis of AlN/AlGaN/GaN metal-insulator-semiconductor structure by using capacitance-frequency-temperature mapping，H.-A. Shih, M. Kudo, and T. Suzuki，Appl. Phys. Lett.，101，043501，(2012).
- Electron distribution and scattering in InAs films on low-k flexible substrates，C. T. Nguyen, H.-A. Shih, M. Akabori, and T. Suzuki，Appl. Phys. Lett.，100，232103，(2012).
◇Lectures and Presentations
- Narrow-gap III-V semiconductor technology: lattice-mismatched growth and epitaxial lift-off for heterogeneous integration (Invited)，T. Suzuki，2008 Asia-Pacific Workshop on Fundamentals and Applications of Advanced Semiconductor Devices (AWAD)，Sapporo，7/9-11 (2008).
◇Academic Society Affiliations
- The Institute of Electrical Engineers of Japan，member，2008-
- The Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers，member，2004-
- The Japan Society of Applied Physics，member，1993-
- The Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers, Electron Device Committee，committee member
- IEEE Electron Device Letters，Golden Reviewer
- Japan Electronics and Information Technology Industries Association，committee member