Keisuke Ohdaira Associate Professor
Green Devices Research Center
M.S. and Ph.D. from The University of Tokyo.(2000,2004)
Solar cell, Semiconductor
Solar cells, Poly-Si, Catalytic chemical vapor deposition
Formation of high-quality poly-Si films by flash lamp annealing and their application to high-efficiency solar cells
We investigate on formation of high-quality poly-Si on glass substrates by flash lamp annealing, with millisecond duration, of Cat-CVD a-Si films and fabrication of solar cells using the poly-Si films.
Application of Cat-CVD to solar-cell fabrication
Cat-CVD (catalytic chemical vapor deposition), in which gas moleculesare decomposed on heated catalyzing wire by catarytic reaction,can deposit high-quality passivation films to reduce therecombination of photo-generated carriers on crystalline Si surface.We develop high-quality Cat-CVD passivation films for crystalline Si solar cells.
Application of liquid Si process to solar cells
Liquid Si process can form Si-related films such as a-Si films,and has a potential of significantly reducing process costbecause of using no vacuum process.We develop the liquid Si process for solar cell fabrication.
Development of barrier films with high gas barrier property
The water vapor barrier property of backsheets used in solar cell modulesis an important factor determining the life of modules.In this laboratory, we develop barrier films with high gas barrier propertiesmainly by Cat-CVD.
- Crystal Growth of Si for Solar Cells, Chapter 11, "Thin Film Poly-Si Formed by Flash Lamp Annealing"，Keisuke Ohdaira，Springer，2009，pp. 177-191
- Liquid-phase explosive crystallization of electron-beam-evaporated a-Si films induced by flash lamp annealing，Keisuke Ohdaira and Hideki Matsumura，J. Cryst. Growth，362，149，2013
- Defect Termination of Flash-Lamp-Crystallized Large-Grain Polycrystalline Silicon Films by High-Pressure Water Vapor Annealing，Keisuke Ohdaira，Jpn. J. Appl. Phys，52，04CR11，2013
- Polycrystalline Silicon Films with Nanometer-Sized Dense Fine Grains Formed by Flash-Lamp-Induced Crystallization，Keisuke Ohdaira, Shohei Ishii, Naohito Tomura, and Hideki Matsumura，J. Nanosci. Nanotech. 12，591-595，2012
◇Lectures and Presentations
- The control of the film stress of Cat-CVD a-Si films and its impact on explosive crystallization induced by flash lamp annealing，K. Ohdaira，7th International Conference on Hot-Wire Chemical Vapor Deposition，大阪，2012年10月8-12日
- Photovoltaic effect of large-grain polycrystalline silicon films formed by flash lamp annealing，K. Ohdaira and S. Varlamov，22nd international Photovoltaic Science and Engineering Conference，Hangzhou, China，November 5-9, 2012
- Defect Termination of Flash-Lamp-Crystallized Large-Grain Polycrystalline Silicon Films by High-Pressure Water Vapor Annealing，Keisuke Ohdaira，2012 International Conference on Solid State Devices and Materials (SSDM2012)，京都国際会館，2012年9月25-27日
- The 2nd China-Japan-Korea Young Researchers Workshop，Japanese delegate, presentation entitled "Photovoltaic Technology in JAIST, Japan, and East Asia" in the "Prospects for the development of new energy" section.，2012/04/28 -
- 2011 International Conference on Solid State Devices and Materials (SSDM 2011)，Program comittee member，2011/10/01 - 2012/09/25
- 7th International Conference on Hot-Wire Chemical Vapor Deposition (Cat-CVD) Process，International Advisory Committee Member，2010/09/18 - 2012/10/12