Keisuke Ohdaira Associate Professor
Green Devices Research Center
M.S. and Ph.D. from The University of Tokyo.(2000,2004)
Solar cell, Semiconductor
Solar cells, Poly-Si, Catalytic chemical vapor deposition
Formation of high-quality poly-Si films by flash lamp annealing and their application to high-efficiency solar cells
We investigate on formation of high-quality poly-Si on glass substrates by flash lamp annealing, with millisecond duration, of Cat-CVD a-Si films and fabrication of solar cells using the poly-Si films.
Application of Cat-CVD to solar-cell fabrication
Cat-CVD (catalytic chemical vapor deposition), in which gas moleculesare decomposed on heated catalyzing wire by catarytic reaction,can deposit high-quality passivation films to reduce therecombination of photo-generated carriers on crystalline Si surface.We develop high-quality Cat-CVD passivation films for crystalline Si solar cells.
Application of liquid Si process to solar cells
Liquid Si process can form Si-related films such as a-Si films,and has a potential of significantly reducing process costbecause of using no vacuum process.We develop the liquid Si process for solar cell fabrication.
Development of barrier films with high gas barrier property
The water vapor barrier property of backsheets used in solar cell modulesis an important factor determining the life of modules.In this laboratory, we develop barrier films with high gas barrier propertiesmainly by Cat-CVD.
- Crystal Growth of Si for Solar Cells, Chapter 11, "Thin Film Poly-Si Formed by Flash Lamp Annealing"，Keisuke Ohdaira，Springer，2009，pp. 177-191
- The use of toughened glass substrates for the formation of polycrystalline silicon films by flash lamp annealing，K. Ohdaira，Technical Digest of the 23rd International Photovoltaic Science and Engineering Conference (PVSEC-23), 2-O-10, 2013
- Effect of Annealing and Hydrogen Radical Treatment on the Structure of Solution-Processed Hydrogenated Amorphous Silicon Films，Y. Sakuma, K. Ohdaira, T. Masuda, H. Takagishi, Z. Shen, and T. Shimoda，Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. (in press)
- Defect Termination of Flash-Lamp-Crystallized Large-Grain Polycrystalline Silicon Films by High-Pressure Water Vapor Annealing，Keisuke Ohdaira，Jpn. J. Appl. Phys，52，04CR11，2013
◇Lectures and Presentations
- The use of toughened glass substrates for the formation of polycrystalline silicon films by flash lamp annealing，K. Ohdaira，23rd International Photovoltaic Science and Engineering Conference (PVSEC-23)，台湾，2013年10月28日-11月1日
- 10-µm-Thick Polycrystalline Silicon Films Formed by Flash Lamp Annealing，K. Ohdaira，28th European Photovoltaic Energy conference and Exhibition，Paris, France，2013年9月30日-10月4日
- Polycrystalline Silicon Films with Spontaneously-formed Nanostructures Formed by Flash Lamp Annealing，K. Ohdaira，BIT's 3rd Annual World Congress of Nano Science & Technology，Xi'an, China，2013年9月26-28日
- International Conference on Solid State Devices and Materials (SSDM)，Program comittee member，2010/10/01 -
- The 6th World Conference on Photovoltaic Energy Conversion (WCPEC-6)，Program committee member，2013/06/01 -
- The 2nd China-Japan-Korea Young Researchers Workshop，Japanese delegate, presentation entitled "Photovoltaic Technology in JAIST, Japan, and East Asia" in the "Prospects for the development of new energy" section.，2012/04/28 -