Jean-Christophe Terrillon Georges Associate Professor
Institute of General Education
B.Sc. from University of Ottawa(1983), M.Sc. from University of Montreal(1987)、Ph.D. from Laval University(1993), Canada, all in physics. Dipl., International Space University, Toulouse, France(1991).
Teaching Assistant in physics, Laval University, Canada(1988-93); Public Relations Coordinator, International Space University(ISU) summer session, Kitakyushu, Japan(1992); Project assistant, ISU summer session, Huntsville, Alabama, USA(1993); Teaching Assistant, Department of Satellite Applications, ISU summer session, Technical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria(1996); Post-Doctoral Fellow, Auditory and Visual Informatics Section, Kansai Advanced Research Center, Communications Research Laboratory(CRL), Ministry of Posts and Telecommunications, Kobe, Japan(1994-96); Researcher, Human Information Processing Research Laboratories, Dept.2, Advanced Telecommunications Research Institute(ATR), Kyoto, Japan(1996-2000); Senior Researcher, Human-Object Interaction Processing Research Project, Core Laboratory of Regional Intensive Research, Softopia Japan Foundation, Gifu, Japan(2000-2004); Researcher, Laboratory for Early Embryogenesis, Center for Developmental Biology, Institute of Physical and Chemical Research(RIKEN), Kobe, Japan(2005-2006); Research Associate, Research School of Informatics, Department of Computer Science, Loughborough University, U.K.(2006).
My research interests are varied, and include, but are not limited to, image and signal processing, in particular automatic face detection and tracking, hand posture recognition, and image restoration in the presence of signal-dependent noise; Pattern recognition in general; the study of anomalies in science; multilingual translation; and, in my position at JAIST, scientific, engineering and technical English, as well as critical thinking and the philosophy of science.
Image Processing, Philosophy of Science, Critical Thinking, Scientific and Technical English
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science. "Invariant Face Detection in Color Images Using Orthogonal Fourier-Mellin Moments and Support Vector Machines".，J.-C. Terrillon, M. N. Shirazi, D. McReynolds, M. Sadek, Y. Sheng, S. Akamatsu, K. Yamamoto，Springer Verlag，2001，pp. 83-92
- DRUIDE: A Real-Time System for Multiple Face Detection, Tracking and Hand Posture Recognition in Color Video Sequences，J.-C. Terrillon, A Pilpre, Y. Niwa, and K. Yamamoto，Proceedings of the 17th International Conference on Pattern Recognition (ICPR), Cambridge, U.K., August 2004，3，pp. 302-305
- Analysis of a Large Set of Color Spaces for Skin Pixel Detection in Color Images，J.-C. Terrillon, A. Pilpre, Y. Niwa, and K. Yamamoto，Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Quality Control by Artificial Vision (QCAV), Gatlinburg, Tennessee, USA, May 2003，SPIE Vol. 5132，pp. 433-446，2003/05
- Analysis of Human Skin Color Images for a Large Set of Color Spaces and for Different Camera Systems，J.-C. Terrillon, A. Pilpre, Y. Niwa, and K. Yamamoto，Proceedings of the 8th IAPR Workshop on Machine Vision Applications (MVA), Nara, Japan, December 2002，pp. 20-25，2002/12
◇Lectures and Presentations
- Detection and Tracking in Video Sequences of Multiple Mesodermal Cells in the Chick Embryo，J.-C. Terrillon and G. Sheng，Proceedings of the joint Nara Institute of Science and Technology-Center for Developmental Biology (NAIST-CDB) International Symposium on Frontiers in Developmental Biology. p. 46.，Nara, Japan，1-2 December 2005
- Real-Time Multiple Face Detection and Tracking in Complex Environments，A. Pilpre, J.-C. Terrillon, Y. Niwa, and K. Yamamoto，Proceedings of the 6th Japan-France and 4th Asia-Europe Congress on Mechatronics. pp. 294-298，Tokyo Denki University, Saitama, Japan，9-12 September 2003
- ACCESS - A Video-based Tracking Spotlight，A. Pilpre, M. Sester, M. Naimark, J.-C. Terrillon, and Y. Niwa，Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Virtual Systems and Multimedia (VSMM). pp. 737-746，Gyeongju, South Korea，September 2002
◇Academic Society Affiliations
- Society of Scientific Exploration (USA)，Full Member，2000-
- Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE) and Computer society，Member，1998-
- Graduate School Council (Laval university, Canada)，Student Member，1988-1989
■Academic Awards Received
- Post-doctoral Fellowship，Science and Technology Agency of Japan (STA)，1994
- Postgraduate Scholarship，Fond pour la Formation des Chercheurs et l'Aide a la Recherche du Quebec (FCAR, Canada)，1989
- Postgraduate scholarship，National Science and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC)，1983