Satoshi Tojo Professor
School of Information Science、Intelligent Robotics Area
B.E., M.E. and Ph.D.from the University of Tokyo (1981,1983,1995)
Mitsubishi Research Institute (1983), Associate Professor of School of Information Science at JAIST (1995-2000)
Formal Semantics of Natural Language, Logic of Knowledge and Belief in Artificial Intelligence
Grammar acquisition, grammar change and evolution
Why we human beings could acquire context-free grammar? Via computer simulation, we try to explain such hypotheses as efficient ambiguity resolution or innate language acquiring device.
Logic of Knowledge, Belief, Time and Negation
Knowledg and belief (uncertain knowledge) are represented by modal logic, as well as temporal logic. Considering those required axioms for each modal operator, we formalize the appropriate results of belief revision or agent communication. In addition to formal semantics of natural language, we apply the idea to the legal reasoining and the inspection of code soundness.
Grammatical analysis of music
A piece of music has a tree structure which includes long distance dependency. We apply the Generative Theory of Tonal Music and other linguistic knowledge, and analyze the stable structure of music scores.
- PERSONALIZING A CONCEPT SIMILARITY MEASURE IN THE DESCRIPTION LOGIC ELH WITH PREFERENCE PROFILE，Teeradaj Racharak, Boontawee Suntisrivaraporn, Satoshi Tojo，Computing and Informatics
- Dynamic Epistemic Logic of Belief Change in Legal Judgments，Pimolluck Jirakunkanok, Katsuhiko Sano, Satoshi Tojo，Artificial Intelligence and Law
- Tuning Agent's Profile for Similarity Measure in Description Logic ELH，Teeradaj Racharak, Satoshi Tojo，ICAART2017
◇Lectures and Presentations
- Linguistic Musicology，Satoshi Tojo，NLDB2017，Liege, Belgium，2017/06/21-23
- Logic of Agent Communication，Satoshi Tojo，From Computation to Agency，Beijing, China，2017/10/28-29
- Linguistic Model of Music，Satoshi Tojo，AJCLI2017，UKM, Bangi, Malaysia，11/20-22, 2017
◇Academic Society Affiliations
- European Association for Logic, Language, and Information，1999-
■Academic Awards Received
- ICMC 2005 Best Paper Award，International Computer Music Conference，2006
- Best presentation award, JSAI，Japan Society of Artificial Intelligence
- Best Paper Award，Indian International Conference for Artificial Intelligence，2003