Satoshi Tojo Professor
School of Information Science（Department of Information Science・Artificial Intelligence）
B.E., M.E. and Ph.D.from the University of Tokyo (1981,1983,1995)
Mitsubishi Research Institute (1983), Associate Professor of School of Information Science at JAIST (1995-2000)
Formal Semantics of Natural Language, Logic of Knowledge and Belief in Artificial Intelligence
Grammar acquisition, grammar change and evolution
Why we human beings could acquire context-free grammar? Via computer simulation, we try to explain such hypotheses as efficient ambiguity resolution or innate language acquiring device.
Logic of Knowledge, Belief, Time and Negation
Knowledg and belief (uncertain knowledge) are represented by modal logic, as well as temporal logic. Considering those required axioms for each modal operator, we formalize the appropriate results of belief revision or agent communication. In addition to formal semantics of natural language, we apply the idea to the legal reasoining and the inspection of code soundness.
Grammatical analysis of music
A piece of music has a tree structure which includes long distance dependency. We apply the Generative Theory of Tonal Music and other linguistic knowledge, and analyze the stable structure of music scores.
- Dynamic Epistemic Logic for Channel-Based Agent Communication，Katsuhiko Sano and Satoshi Tojo，Fifth Indian Conference on Logic and its Applications
- Structural Similarity Based on Time-span Tree，Satoshi Tojo and Keiji Hirata，Computer Music Modeling and Retrieval, 2012
- Structural Similarity Based on Time-span Tree，Satoshi Tojo and Keiji Hirata，The 9th International Symposium on Computer Music Modeling and Retrieval (CMMR)
◇Lectures and Presentations
- Is Grammar Theory Possible for Music，Satoshi Tojo，CIRMMT seminar series, McGill University，Montreal, Canada，2009/12/11
- How Compositionality Emerges in Human Language，Satoshi Tojo，LENLS 2008，Asahikawa, Japan，2008/06/10
- How possible world has contributed to formal semantics，Satoshi Tojo，Paclic 2007，Seoul, Korea，Nov, 2007
◇Academic Society Affiliations
- European Association for Logic, Language, and Information，1999-
■Academic Awards Received
- ICMC 2005 Best Paper Award，International Computer Music Conference，2006
- Best presentation award, JSAI，Japan Society of Artificial Intelligence
- Best Paper Award，Indian International Conference for Artificial Intelligence，2003