|ÃÎ¼±¸¦µæÅïKS Building £É¡¡4F
Yoji Koda Professor
School of Knowledge Science¡¢Knowledge Management Area
Bachelor of Science from The University of Tokyo(1981), Master of Engineering from The University of Tokyo(1983), Doctor of Engineering from The University of Tokyo(1986)
Researcher at Fujitsu Limited(1986), Chief Researcher at FUJITSU LABORATORIES LIMITED(1999), Senior Researcher at FUJITSU LABORATORIES LIMITED(2002), Extraordinary Project Member of FI project at Fujitsu Limited(2007), Field-Innovator at FUJITSU RESEARCH INSTITUTE(2008), Field-Innovator at Fujitsu Limited(2009), Professor at JAIST(2011)
Internet Service, Service Science, Business Innovation
"Scientific Approach to Services"¡¡
Service coding framework
A service provider has to deal with complex business processes which may seem simple to the customers. This implies that service description should encompass the overall system from consumers to providers.We establish a framework that can describe the overall service system, based on various coding methods, including mathematical models, agent systems, service blueprints, and system dynamics. Once the overall service system is well coded, we are able to make predictions and simulations to improve the overall service system.
Development of a video tool for behavior observation research
(1) Develop a video tool for observing office work. The tool is characterized by the use of video. It enables comparative study between similar or consecutive tasks, by pair-wise replaying of video clips, which are cut out and paired based on the analysis of PC screens used by the worker subjects. (2) Conduct trials in business offices. Workshops are held with both observers and subjects attending. The difficulty with the use of video recording, ¡ÈThere are no opportunities to ask the worker subjects a question at the time of recording¡É is mitigated through collaborative watching of video clips in the workshop, because it helps the subjects recall the exact situations and the reasons for their actions at that time. (3) Model the way of office working. Data will be gathered from the statistical analysis of the video clips.
Identifying and implementing key drivers of successful sharing
(1) Examine sharing services. ¡ÈSharing¡É is a new, emerging economy from all-consuming to collaborative consumption, e.g., sharing, bartering, trading, renting, swapping. (2) Identify key drivers of successful sharing. People¡Çs social nature, e.g., ¡Èmottainai¡É, ¡Èwilling to help others¡É, ¡Èwant to be recognized¡É, could be the answer. (3) Develop key service technologies for sharing services through supporting the key drivers.
Where does the Customer Value of Sharing Service come from?
The behavior of customers has changed from all-consumption to collaborative consumption in the past decade. Sharing service is now becoming a major trend in our daily lives. From the view of customers, it has both benefits and risks: it offers benefits such as money saving and environmental protection, but it also has non-negligible risks, such as a risk of stumbling into crime in a worst-case situation. Therefore, it would make sense for human beings not to choose sharing service, since human beings are risk averse by nature. But why do people recently choose sharing service? In this paper, we present a hypothesis to answer this question. We conjecture that ¡Èa successful service provider always covers its sharing risks that otherwise must be covered by the customers.¡É Thus the customers of the sharing service could coop the benefits of sharing solely and this explains the recent rise of sharing service popularization.
Research on Social Value Creation in Cases of Social Innovation
We plan to conduct research on social value creation, focusing on social innovation, social enterprises and social entrepreneurs. We will start a hypothesis that social values are created by making use of ¡Ètemperature¡É difference between BOP (base of the pyramid) and developed countries
Research on Non-Economical values in Islamic Culture
We plan to conduct research on non-economic values under the influence of Islamic Culture. We will start to examine the Islamic banking system. It refers to a banking system that is based on the principles of Islamic law and guided by Islamic economics, whereby interest (riba) is prohibited.
- BookTitle: "Serviceology for Designing the Future: Selected and Edited Papers of the 2nd International Conference on Serviceology", Title: "Exploration of Service System and Value Co-creation Mechanism in Islamic Banking in Pakistan"¡¤Amna Javed, Youji Kohda, Hisashi Masuda¡¤Springer Japan¡¤2016¡¤pp.37-50
- Strategic Relationships: A Service Science Perspectiv (Chapter 1) in Handbook of Research on Strategic Alliances and Value Co-Creation in the Service Industry¡¤Md. Abul Kalam Siddike, Youji Kohda, Haluk Demirkan, Jim Spohrer¡¤IGI Global¡¤2017/1/6¡¤1-21
- Service Innovation in Information Business, chapter 17. In Michitaka Kosaka, Kunio Shirahada, Progressive Trends in Knowledge and System-Based Science for Service Innovation¡¤Youji Kohda¡¤IGI Global¡¤2013/10
- People¡Çs Interactions with Cognitive Assistants for Enhanced Performances¡¤Md Abul Kalam Siddike, Jim Spohrer, Haluk Demirkan, Youji Kohda¡¤HICSS 51: Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences¡¤2018/01/03
- Towards a Framework of Trust Determinants in People and Cognitive Assistants Interactions¡¤Md Abul Kalam Siddike, Youji Kohda¡¤HICSS 51: Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences¡¤2018/01/03
- Investigation into geographical superiority for carrying out game development - A comparison between the US and Japan¡¤Kazuhiro Masuda, Youji kohda¡¤The 7th International Conference on Kansei Engineering and Emotion Research (KEER2018)¡¤2018/03/19
¡þLectures and Presentations
- Value co-creation through interactions among self-organized members¡¤Miwa Nishinaka, Kunio Shirahada, and Yoji Koda¡¤IRSSM-8, Yonsei University, Seoul, South Korea.
- ¡ÈEntanglement¡É of Knowledge Science and Service Science: a personal perspective¡¤Youji Kohda¡¤JAIST International Symposium on Knowledge Science¡¤¶âÂô¡¤2016/03/14
- Service Innovation: a principle and practical cases¡¤Youji Kohda¡¤KICSS2011 Workshop on Service and Mind Innovation¡¢Beijing¡¢2011/10/21
¡þAcademic Society Affiliations
- The Institute of Electrical Engineers of Japan¡¤2012-
- Society for Serviceology¡¤2012-
- Society for Servicelogy¡¤Representative¡¤2014/04/01 -
- Japan Society for Software Science ant Technology¡¤2014/04/01 -
- Society for Servicelogy¡¤2014/04/01 -