Ho Tu Bao Professor
School of Knowledge Science（Department of Knowledge Science・Knowledge Media）
B.Tech. Hanoi University of Technology, Hanoi (1978); M.S., Ph.D.,University Paris VI, Paris (1984, 1987), Habilitation, University Paris Dauphine (1998).
Research Assistant (1979-1983), Researcher (1987-1993), Associate Professor (1991) at Institute of Information Technology, Hanoi, Vietnam; Research Fellow, National Institute for Research on Computer Science and Control of France (INRIA, Paris, 1983-1987); Visiting Fellow, Wisconsin-Madison University (USA, 1992); Visiting Associate Professor (JAIST, Japan, 1993-1997).
Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, Bioinformatics, Text and Web Mining, Computational Science
Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining
Machine learning is the study of computer algorithms that improve automatically through experience. It is one of the most exciting areas in computer science that have witnessed tremendous developments in the past few decades. Our work ranges from basic research on various machine learning paradigms to their applications.
Computational science is science about using math and computing to do research in other sciences. We work on modelling, simulation and computation methods using high performance computers. Our current work includes a simulation-based data mining approach to study the water properties in biological systems and learning methods to study pathogenesis and therapy of liver diseases.
Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining
TThis rapidly growing interdisciplinary field merges databases, statistics, machine learning and others in order to extract useful knowledge from data. We are interested in developing scalable methods to deal with different types of complexly structured data, typically temporal, sequential, textual, graphical, and network data. We do applying those methods in solving problems in biomedicine, analysing languages and the Internet.
- Asynchronous Constraint-based Approach - New Solution for Any Constraint Problem, Studies in Computational Intelligence，Ben Hassine, A., Ho, T.B.，Springer-Verlag，2007，169-184
- Study of protein-protein interactions from multiple data sources，Ho, T.B., Nguyen, T.P., Tran, T.N.，Advances in Data Warehousing and Mining, , David Taniar (Ed.), IGC Publishers.，2007，280-307
- Advances in Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (Eds.), Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence LNAI 3518, Springer，Ho, T.B., Cheung, D. Liu, H.，2005.
- Simulation-Based Data Mining Solution to the Structure of Water Surrounding Proteins，Dam Hieu Chi, Tu Bao Ho, Ayumu Sugiyama，Toby Walsh (Ed.): IJCAI 2011, Proceedings of the 22nd International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain, July 16-22, 2011. IJCAI/AAAI 2011，22，ISBN 978-1-57735-516-8，2011/07/16
- Characterizing nucleosome dynamics from genomic and epigenetic information using rule induction learning，Le, N.T., Ho, T.B., Tran, D.H.，BMC Genomics (in press)，2009.
- Computational Discovery of miR-TF Regulatory Modules in Human Genome，Tran, D.H., Satou, K., Ho, T.B., Pham, T.H.，Bioinformation (in press)，2009.
◇Lectures and Presentations
- Simulation-Based Data Mining Solution to the Structure of Water Surrounding Proteins，Dam Hieu Chi, Tu Bao Ho, Ayumu Sugiyama，The 22nd International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI 2011)，Barcelona, Spain，July 16-22
- Some issues of ICT education and research in Vietnam (keynote speech)，Tu Bao Ho，International Forum on Information-Communication Technology ICT-Hanoi 2007，Hanoi, Vietnam，5-7 December 2007
- Scientific data mining: Opportunities and challenges” (invited talk)，Ho, T.B.，International Symposium on Towards Creating New Industries Based on Inter-Nanoscience，Awaji, Japan，December 8-9, 2006.
- The 6th International Conference on Software Methodologies, Tools and Techniques (SoMeT_07)，PC member，2007/11/07 - 2007/11/09
- Chair of the Program Committee of the International Conference on Research, Innovation & Vision for the Future IEEE RIVF'07
- Statistics for Data Mining, Learning and Knowledge Extraction (IASO07), 30 August - 1 September 2007，PC member
■Academic Awards Received
- Best Technical Paper Award，Japanese Society for Artificial Intelligence
- Outstanding Contribution Award，International Federation for Systems Science