- Robot networks protocols
- Network failure detection
- Robot coordination algorithms
- Multi-robot fault-tolerant middleware
- Distributed algorithms
- Distributed agreement
33rd IEEE Intl. Symp. on Reliable Distributed Systems.
October 2014. (PC co-chair)
32nd IEEE Intl. Conf. on Distributed Computing Systems.
June 2012. (PC co-chair)
13th International Symposium on Stabilization, Safety, and Security of Distributed Systems.
October 2011. (PC co-chair)
- T.-T. Pham, X. Défago, Q.-T. Huynh.
Reliability Prediction for Component-based Software Dealing with Concurrent Propagating Errors.
Science of Computer Programming, May 2014. Elsevier.
- T. Izumi, S. Souissi, Y. Katayama, N. Inuzuka, X. Défago, K. Wada, M. Yamashita.
The Gathering Problem for Two Oblivious Robots with Unreliable Compasses.
SIAM Journal on Computing 41(1): 26-46, 2012.
- J. Clement, X. Défago, M. Gradinariu Potop-Butucaru, T. Izumi, S. Messika.
The cost of probabilistic agreement in oblivious robot networks.
Inf. Process. Lett.,
110(11): 431-438, 2010.
- X. Défago and S. Souissi.
Non-uniform circle formation algorithm for oblivious mobile robots with convergence toward uniformity.
Theoretical Computer Science, 396(1-3):97-112, 2008.
- R. Yared, X. Défago, J. Iguchi-Cartigny, M. Wiesmann.
Collision prevention platform for a dynamic group of asynchronous cooperative mobile robots.
Journal of Networks,
- X. Défago, A. Schiper, and P. Urbán.
Total order broadcast and multicast algorithms: Taxonomy and survey.
ACM Computing Surveys, 36(4):372-421, December 2004.
- X. Défago and A. Schiper.
Semi-passive replication and Lazy Consensus.
Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing,
64(12):1380-1398, December 2004.
- N. Hayashibara, X. Défago, R. Yared and T. Katayama.
The φ accrual failure detector.
In Proc. 23rd IEEE Intl. Symp. on Reliable Distributed Systems (SRDS 2004),
pp. 66–78, Florianópolis, Brazil, October 2004.
(Note: This paper is the basis of the failure detection mechanism in the
Apache Cassandra and the
For some sad and weird reason, the editorial board of
IEEE Transactions on
Dependable and Secure Computing
had decided that the topic was outside its scope...)