- Distributed systems
- Distributed algorithms
- Distributed agreement
- Network failure detection
- Robot coordination algorithms
- Robot network protocols
- Multi-robot fault-tolerant middleware
- F. Bonnet, X. Défago, T.D. Nguyen, M. Potop-Butucaru.
Tight bound on Mobile Byzantine Agreement.
In Proc. 28th Intl. Symp. on Distributed Computing (DISC). Austin, TX, USA. LNCS 8784, pp.76-90, October 2014.
- T.-T. Pham, X. Défago, Q.-T. Huynh.
Reliability prediction for component-based software dealing with concurrent propagating errors.
Science of Computer Programming, 97(4):426-457, 2015. Elsevier.
- T. Izumi, S. Souissi, Y. Katayama, N. Inuzuka, X. Défago, K. Wada, M. Yamashita.
The gathering problem for two oblivious robots with unreliable compasses.
SIAM Journal on Computing 41(1): 26-46, 2012.
- J. Clement, X. Défago, M. Gradinariu Potop-Butucaru, T. Izumi, S. Messika.
The cost of probabilistic agreement in oblivious robot networks.
Inf. Process. Lett., 110(11): 431-438, 2010. Elsevier.
- X. Défago and S. Souissi.
Non-uniform circle formation algorithm for oblivious mobile robots with convergence toward uniformity.
Theoretical Computer Science, 396(1-3):97-112, 2008. Elsevier.
- R. Yared, X. Défago, J. Iguchi-Cartigny, M. Wiesmann.
Collision prevention platform for a dynamic group of asynchronous cooperative mobile robots.
Journal of Networks, 2(4):28-39, 2007.
- X. Défago, A. Schiper, and P. Urbán.
Total order broadcast and multicast algorithms: Taxonomy and survey.
ACM Computing Surveys, 36(4):372-421, December 2004. ACM Press.
- X. Défago and A. Schiper.
Semi-passive replication and Lazy Consensus.
Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, 64(12):1380-1398, December 2004.
- N. Hayashibara, X. Défago, R. Yared and T. Katayama.
The φ accrual failure detector.
In Proc. 23rd IEEE Intl. Symp. on Reliable Distributed Systems (SRDS 2004),
pp. 66–78, Florianópolis, Brazil, October 2004.
(Note: This paper is the basis of the failure detection mechanism in the Apache Cassandra and the Akka frameworks. For some sad and weird reason, the editorial board of IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing had decided that the topic was outside its scope...)
- SRDS 2014: 33rd IEEE Intl. Symp. on Reliable Distributed Systems. October 2014. (PC co-chair)
- ICDCS 2012: 32nd IEEE Intl. Conf. on Distributed Computing Systems. June 2012. (PC co-chair)
- SSS 2011: 13th International Symposium on Stabilization, Safety, and Security of Distributed Systems. October 2011. (PC co-chair)