Call for poster designs for JAIST FESTIVAL 2016
We now welcome poster designs for JAIST FESTIVAL 2016 held on Saturday, October 8, 2016 by JAIST community as follows:
|1．Entry qualification||(1) Must be JAIST's students, faculty, staff members, and those family members.
(2) A participant can be either an individual person or a group.
(3) Non-JAIST members (not mentioned above) can participate in a group if the group leader is a JAIST member.
|2．Entry Guidelines||- Poster designs must be appropriate for the event which aims at interacting with community and promoting mutual friendship among faculty, staff members, and students.
- The design will also be used for poster, flyers and brochure of the event.
- Please put the event name, "JAISTフェスティバル" or "JAIST FESTIVAL" on your design work, but do not put any other words such as event contents.
- You must use the logo mark "JAIST" for the word JAIST of the event name.
Please go to
and download the JAIST logo mark.
- Please consider of adding some information about the event on the design work later on. You can see the "JAIST FESTIVAL 2015" poster for your reference at
- There is no restriction on techniques or materials of the design. Anything can be used such as illustration, photograph, block print, graphic design, etc.
|3．How to apply||Please email or bring the following (1) and (2) to the Office of University Strategy and Public Relations within the period of time indicated below.
Up to 3 designs can be submitted per an individual applicant or per a group.
(1) Entry Form for "Poster Design of JAIST FESTIVAL 2016"
(The form can be downloaded at
※ No.6 "comments on my/our work" in the form will be considered for selection.
(2) Design work:
- Electronic data (Filed in general types of image formats; JPEG, PNG,Word, or PowerPoint, at 300 dpi or higher, and in A3 size vertically)
- Handwritten (in A3 size vertically)
|4．Entry Period||June 30 (Thu) - July 15 (Fri).|
|5．Selection||JAIST FESTIVAL committee will consider all entries and choose one winning design.|
|6．Prize||An award certificate and a book card which is equivalent to \ 20,000.|
|7．Selection Announcement||The result will be sent to all applicants (only the representative if it's a group) around the end of July.|
|8．Terms and conditions||- The winning design may be largely modified for the poster.
- The winner(s) may be asked to attend meetings for modifying the design and layout of the work.
- All design works must be unpublished, and must not infringe on other Copyrights or trademarks.
- The submitted design works will not be returned to applicants.
- All applicants must work at their own expenses.
- JAIST holds copyrights and all other rights of the winning design work.
- There may be no winning design when none of them meet the qualification requirements.
- Your personal information will be kept strictly confidential and will be only used for the purpose relating this competition.
|9．Apply to / Contact Us||Public Relations Section
Tel： 0761-51-1031, 1032
June 30, 2016