Wireless LAN service for outsiders (guests) can be used for short-term events held at JAIST.
It can be used for various research meetings, workshops and events.
Application is required for using the wireless LAN service for events.
Please send an e-mail with the following details to the Information Society Infrastructure Research Center, 3 business days before the intended start of using the wireless service.
Wireless LAN usage start date:
Wireless LAN usage end date:
Expected number of devices to use the wireless LAN:
Main usage place (XX school X building X floor or room number):
Wireless LAN setting
PSK (Public-shared Key): <- 8 characters or more required
Access control information
List of campus hosts servers and port numbers you want to grant access:
We will contact you after completing settings. It is recommend to check the functionality with a PC or another device.
Applicants for this service must affiliated to JAIST with an identification card.
This service aims to provide a temporary wireless LAN environment for a short period of time to guests not affiliated with the university. Therefore, it can not be used for JAIST members, and it can not be used for a long period of time or a frequently repeated event.
The maximum period is about two weeks including the preparation period by the organizer side.
The Information Society Infrastructure Research Center has established access points (wireless APs) in the following buildings.
Coverage is available within the reach of the radio waves of those devices.
School of knowledge science
School of information science
School of materials science
Nano center building
Electron microscope building
Innovation research building
Information / Material lecture hall building
Research center building
Multipurpose facility (convenience store building)
Coverage would be available to one or more of those areas as required. (Partial restriction within one area is not possible)
- IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n is available
802.11n is available only in information building and information / material lecture building, library 802.11a is not available in the students' dormitory
- One of the following authentication/encryption methods can be used
WPA-PSK / TKIP
WPA 2 - PSK / AES
- SSID is broadcasted throughout the service area
- Basically, there are no restrictions on outside of the university network access.
- Other than access to the campus server listed below, network access is blocked. If there extra access is needed, please apply for IP address, port number, etc. of the host(s) to be accessed.
DNS server (ns, ns2) for name resolution
Web server (www, isc-w3) both http & https
- The organizer (applicant) would be informed/responsible for the setting of the client PCs and support.
- It shouldn't be a problem if the contents like the example below are given at the venue.
Wireless network protocol: IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n (a & n only in limited areas)
Authentication / encryption: WPA-PSK/TKIP or WPA2-PSK/AES