|知識研究棟KS Building ＩＩ 3F
Kazushi Nishimoto Professor
School of Knowledge Science、Human Life Design Area
B.Eng.from Kyoto University(1985), M.Eng.from Kyoto Universit(1987), Dr.Eng.from Osaka University(1998)
Matsushita Electric Industrial Co.,Ltd.(1987), ATR Communication Systems Research Laboratories (1992), Invited Researcher of the department 2, ATR Media Integration & Communications (MI&C) Research Laboratories (1995), Researcher of Precursory Research for Embryonic Science and Technology (PRESTO), Japan Science and Technology Agency (2000-2003),Invited Researcher of the department 1, ATR Media Information Science (MIS) Laboratories (2000-2003), Invited Researcher of the Kansei & Learning Media Lab., ATR Media Information Science (MIS) Laboratories (2004-2006), Information-technology Promotion Agency (2006-2007)
Creative activity support, CSCW, Informal communications, Musical information processing
Ubiquitous Knowledge-Creation Support System
The buildings of the school of knowledge science, JAIST are designed as a physical space where the knowledge creation process is executed. By overlaying the "Cyber-JAIST" constructed in information space with the physical space, I am aiming at achieving a "Ubiquitous Knowledge-Creation Support System" that supports and enhances knowledge creation in various aspects, i.e., intra-disciplinary and inter-disciplinary knowledge creation as well as knowledgecreation in daily life where knowledge creation is not obviously intended. The fruits of this research can be applied not only to JAIST but also to companies that consists of many specific people who loosely share a purpose. Thus, this is a research bridging "groupware" and "communityware".
Creative Activity Supporting Media
By utilizing mighty computational power of computers and huge amount of stored information, I am aiming at creating media that adroitly stimulate human creativity. While the ordinary AI research aims at making computers intelligent, the main purpose of this research is to make people more intelligent and creative with the media. For instance, how pieces of information that people overlook can be obtained, how musical performance can be enhanced without spoiling the joy of creation and so on are the typical rsearch issues.
Informal Communication Supporting System
Informal communication is very important for fostering human relations and for sharing and creating knowledge among people. I have been studying supporting systems that enhance this characteristic of informal communication to enrich and to smooth communication of minds, e.g., systems that facilitate sharing professional knowledge among people in offices or laboratories, and systems that foster bonds of affection of family or couples.
- E-Cocreation of Knowledge through Informal Communications, Tokuro Matsuo and Takayuki Fujimoto eds.: E-Activity and Intelligent Web Construction -- Effects of Social Design --,，Kazushi Nishimoto，Chapter 12, pp.135-153, IGI Global, ISBN 978-1-61520-871-5, 2011.
- Two- step Input Method for Supporting Composition of MIDI Sequence Data, in Entertainment Computing -- Technologies and Applications，Chika Oshima, Yohei Miyagawa, Kazushi Nishimoto and Takashi Shirosaki，Kluwer Academic Publishers，2003，257-264
- Immersive Walk-through Experience of Japanese Ancient Villages with VisTA-walk System, in Barcelo, J.A., Forte, M., and Sanders, D. (Eds.), Virtual Reality in Archaeology，Rieko Kadobayashi, Kazushi Nishimoto, and Kenji Mase，BAR International Series 843 2000, Archaeopress，2000，135-142
- A Study On Enhancing Simultaneous Second Language Speaking Skill : Strict Turn-Taking in A Half-duplex Dual-lingual Video Chat，Bui Ba Hoang Anh，西本一志，インタラクション2017論文集，2-508-38, 情報処理学会，pp. 514-519，2017
- Towards soft landing in an online dating service: bridging the ideal-real gap，Takyua Iwamoto, Kazutaka Kurihara, Maya Esora and Kazushi Nishimoto，Proc. 8th Augmented Human International Conference (AH '17), Article，No. 37，pp. 1-2，2017
- Wasting “Waste” is a Waste: Gleaning Deleted Text Fragments for Use in Future Knowledge Creation，Hiroaki Ikuta and Kazushi Nishimoto，Proc. The Tenth International Conference on Advances in Computer-Human Interactions (ACHI 2017)，pp.193-199，2017
◇Lectures and Presentations
- Towards soft landing in an online dating service: bridging the ideal-real gap，Takyua Iwamoto, Kazutaka Kurihara, Maya Esora and Kazushi Nishimoto，8th Augmented Human International Conference (AH '17)，2017
- Wasting “Waste” is a Waste: Gleaning Deleted Text Fragments for Use in Future Knowledge Creation，Hiroaki Ikuta and Kazushi Nishimoto，The Tenth International Conference on Advances in Computer-Human Interactions (ACHI 2017)，2017
- A Half-duplex Dual-lingual Video Chat to Enhance Simultaneous Second Language Speaking Skill，Bui Ba Hoang Anh, and Kazushi Nishimoto，Smart Education and e-Learning 2017，2017
◇Academic Society Affiliations
- ACM International Conference on Advances in Computer Entertainment Technology 2007，Program Committee，2007-
- Information Processing Society Japan，2006-
- Virtual Reality Society, Japan，2006-
- The 9th ACM Conference on Creativity & Cognition，Poster and Demos Co-Chair，2012/10/01 - 2013/06/20
- Information Processing Society Japan，2009/04/01 -
- Interaction 2010，General Chair，2010/03/01 - 2010/03/02
■Academic Awards Received
- Presentation Award，KICSS 2015 Program Committee，2016
- Best Paper Award: The 1st International Conference on Global Health Challenge (GLOBAL HEALTH 2012)，International Academy, Research, and Industry Association，2012
- Best Multi-disciplinary Paper Award,The 9th Int'l. Conf. on Smart Homes and Health Telematics (ICOST2011)，ICOST2011 Program committee，2011