Satoshi Tojo Professor
School of Information Science¡¢Intelligent Robotics Area
B.E., M.E. and Ph.D.from the University of Tokyo (1981,1983,1995)
Mitsubishi Research Institute (1983), Associate Professor of School of Information Science at JAIST (1995-2000)
Formal Semantics of Natural Language, Logic of Knowledge and Belief in Artificial Intelligence
Grammar acquisition, grammar change and evolution
Why we human beings could acquire context-free grammar? Via computer simulation, we try to explain such hypotheses as efficient ambiguity resolution or innate language acquiring device.
Logic of Knowledge, Belief, Time and Negation
Knowledg and belief (uncertain knowledge) are represented by modal logic, as well as temporal logic. Considering those required axioms for each modal operator, we formalize the appropriate results of belief revision or agent communication. In addition to formal semantics of natural language, we apply the idea to the legal reasoining and the inspection of code soundness.
Grammatical analysis of music
A piece of music has a tree structure which includes long distance dependency. We apply the Generative Theory of Tonal Music and other linguistic knowledge, and analyze the stable structure of music scores.
- Concept Similarity under the Agent¡Çs Preferences for the Description Logic FL0 with Unfoldable TBox¡¤Teeradaj Racharak and Satoshi Tojo¡¤ICAART 2018, Lecture Note in Artificial Intelligence
- DYNAMIC EPISTEMIC REASONING SYSTEM WITH AWARENESS (DEMO+A) AND ITS LEGAL APPLICATION¡¤Tetsuji Goto, Ryo Hatano, and Satoshi Tojo¡¤BIGDACI workshop, MCCSIS2018
- Computational Detection of Local Cadence on Revised TPS¡¤Masaki Matsubara, Yuki Ishiwa, Yui Uehara and Satoshi Tojo¡¤CSMC 2018
¡þLectures and Presentations
- Music and AI¡¤Satoshi Tojo¡¤KICCS 2018¡¤Pattaya, Thailand¡¤2018/11/15
- Linear Algebraic Representation of Knowledge State of Agent¡¤Satoshi Tojo¡¤LACompLing 2018¡¤Stockholm, Sweden¡¤2018/8/28
- Linear Algebraic Representation of Knowledge State of Agent¡¤Satoshi Tojo¡¤Innbruck University, logic seminar¡¤Innsbruck, Austria¡¤2018/6/18
¡þAcademic Society Affiliations
- European Association for Logic, Language, and Information¡¤1999-
¢£Academic Awards Received
- ICMC 2005 Best Paper Award¡¤International Computer Music Conference¡¤2006
- Best presentation award, JSAI¡¤Japan Society of Artificial Intelligence
- Best Paper Award¡¤Indian International Conference for Artificial Intelligence¡¤2003