Naofumi Shimokawa Senior Lecturer
School of Materials Science、Bioscience and Biotechnology Area
Bachelor from Tokyo Metoropolitan University(2006), Master from Tokyo Metropolitan University(2008), Ph.D. from Kyoto University(2011)
JSPS Research Fellowship for Young Scientists(DC1)(2008-2011), JSPS Research Fellowship for Young Scientists(PD)(2011-2012),Assistant Professor, Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology(2013-2017)
Soft Matter Physics, Biophysics, Physical Chemistry
Soft matter, lipid membrane, liposome, phase separation, phase transition, ordered structure
Ordered-structures induced by electrostatic interaction in lipid bilayer membranes
One of our interest is to reveal the physical properties of lipid bilayer membranes containing charged phospholipids. We reported that the phase separation in charged lipid membranes is suppressed due to electrostatic repulsion between charged head groups experimentally and theoretically. Our goal is to construct the biomimetic system and understand the physico-chemical phenomena in such a system.
Line tension at phase-separated domain boundary
We investigate the specific pattern formation in lipid membranes by controlling the line tension at phase-separated domain boundary.
Dynamical behavior of lipid membrane by coarse-grained molecular dynamics simulation
Our aim is to understand the dyanmical behavior of the lipid membranes using coarse-grained molecular dynamics simulation.
- Chirality-dependent interaction of d- and l-menthol with biomembrane models，Pooja Gusain, Shinya Ohki, Kunihide Hoshino, Yoshio Tsujino, Naofumi Shimokawa, Masahiro Takagi，Membranes，7，69，1-13，2017
- Formation of modulated phase and domain rigidification in fatty acid-containing lipid membranes，Naofumi Shimokawa, Rieko Mukai, Mariko Nagata, Masahiro Takagi，Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics，19，13252，2017
- Glycosyl chains and 25-hydroxycholesterol contribute to the intracellular transport of amyloid (Aβ-42) in Jurkat T cells，Neha Sharma, KeangOK Baek, Huong T. T. Phan, Naofumi Shimokawa, Masahiro Takagi，FEBS Open Bio，7，865-876，2017
◇Lectures and Presentations
- Physical properties of the hybrid lipid POPC on micrometer-sized domains in mixed lipid membranes，Naofumi Shimokawa，1st International Symposium on Bioscience and Biotechnology in JAIST，石川ハイテク交流センター，2016,03,18
◇Academic Society Affiliations
- Division of Colloid and Surface Chemistry，2009-
- The Physical Society of Japan，2005-