Susumu Horita Professor
School of Transdisciplinary Sciences、School of Materials Science、Applied Physics Area
B.E. degree in electrical engineering, Kanazawa University(1982), M.E.in Applied Electronics, Tokyo Institute of Technology(1984), Dr.Eng. in Applied Electronics, Tokyo Institute of Technology(1987)
Recturer (1988), Associate Professor (1992) at Kanazawa University
Study on FET type ferroelectric memory and low temperature fabrication of Si film and Si oxide film on glass or plastic substrate. These devices have new functional operation for the future.
Si Thin Film, Si Oxide Film, Thin Film Transistor, Laser Anneal, Ferroelectric Memory
Fabrication of integrated ferroelectric memory on Si substrate
Ferroelectric memory to use remanent polarization of a ferroelectric film has the feature points of high switching speed, nonvolatility, radiation tolerance and high density. So, this is expected as an ultimate memory. In our research, we deposit a PZT(Pb(Zr,Ti)O3) film on an Si substrate and fabricate an integrated memory device which operates with our original principle.
Fabrication of low temperature poly-crystalline Si film with controlled grain boundary location by a pulse laser beam on a glass substrate
We fabricate a low-temperature poly Si film on an amorphous or glass substrate by melting-crystallization of a deposited Si film using a pulse laser. In our research, we control, using our original method, the location of grain boundary which reduces carrier mobility in devices. Final our target is to obtain an Si film with single crystalline quality on a glass substrate and to apply it to Thin Film Transistor (TFT).
Low temperature formation of a crystallized Si film on a glass substrate by using a seed or template layer
Fabrication of a good quality crystallized Si film on a glass or plastic substrate at low temperature leads to creation of a new device. In our research, by means of the low temperature formation of a seed or template layer on the glass substrate before depositing Si film, we try to obtain a low temperature crystallized Si film on the glass substrate.
Low temperature Si oxide film formation with ozone gas and silicone oil
We found out low temperature fabrication method of Si oxidation by using 1 % ozone gas and silicone oil. By this new method, we can obtain a high growth rate of Si dioxide film, about 60 nm/60 min, at low temperature of 200C. Generally, in order to get Si oxide film at low temperature, plasma is used. However, it produces plasma-damage in the film. By our method, without plasma-damage, it is possible to get a high qulaity SiO2 film at low temperature.
- Disturb-Free Writing Operation for Ferroelectric Gate Field-Effect Transistor Memories with Intermediate Electrodes， S. Horita and B. N. Q. Trinh，IEEE Transaction on Electron Devices，Vol. 56，No. 12，pp. 3090-3096，2009/12
- Dependences of deposition rate and OH content on concentration of added trichloroethylene in low-temperature silicon oxide films deposited using silicone oil and ozone gas，Susumu Horita and Puneet Jain，Japanese Journal of Applied Physics，57，3S，.03DA02, 1-7，2018/1/23
- Effect of trichloroethylene enhancement on deposition rate of low-temperature silicon oxide films by silicone oil and ozone，Susumu Horita and Puneet Jain，Jpn. J. Appl. Phys.，Vol. 56， No. 8，pp088003, 1-3，2017/8
◇Lectures and Presentations
- Effect of Trichloroethene (TCE) on Deposition Rate and Film Quality of Low-Temperature SiO2 Films Grown Using Silicone Oil and Ozone Gas，Puneet Jain and Susumu Horita，The 24th Inter. Workshop on Active-Matrix Flat Panel Displays and Devices (AM-FPD 17，Ryukoku University Avanti Kyoto Hall, Kyoto, Japan，July 4-7, 2017
- Room-Temperature Deposition of a Crystallized Dielectric YSZ Film on Glass Substrate Covered with Cellulose Nanopaper，Susumu Horita, Jyotish Patidar, Hitomi Yagyu, and Masaya Nogi，The 24th International Display Workshops(IDW'17) in conjunction with Asia Display 2017， Sendai, Japan，December 6-8, 2017
- Progress of Low-Temperature Fabrication Technologies of Thin Film Transistors for Preservation of GlobalEnvironment，Susumu Horita，Internationa Conference on Computer, Communication, Chemical, Materials & Electronic Engineering, IC4ME2，Fuculty of Engineeering, University of Rajshahi，March, 24 to 25, 2016
◇Academic Society Affiliations
- Japan Society of Applied Physics，Member，2002-
- MRS (Materials Research Society) in U.S.A.，Member，2002-
- Institute of Electronics Information and Communication Engineers in Japan，Member，2002-
- The 25th International Display Workshops(IDW'18)，Activ Matrix Displays(AMD) Workshop Committee，2018/01/30 - 2019/02/02
- 2018 The 25th International Workshop on Active-Materix Flatpanel Displays and Devices (AM-FPD '18)，Program Committee，2017/10/01 - 2018/09/30
- 2017 The 24th International Workshop on Active-Materix Flatpanel Displays and Devices (AM-FPD '17) ，Executive Committee, Program Committee (Vice program chair, TFT session leader)，2016/10/01 - 2017/09/30
■Academic Awards Received
- Outstanding Poster Paper Award，The 20th International Display Workshops (IDW'13)，2013
- Outstanding Poster Paper Award，10th International Display Workshops，2003