- 9 PhD students : 5 of them are awarded JAIST Doctoral Research Fellowship, 4 of them were hired as a research assistant and teaching assistant
- 9 Master students : 1 with MEXT scholarship, 3 are receiving scholarship from outside fund, teaching assistant
- Three master students graduated in Mar 2019.
- Course design for innovations in education :
- Kim, (2016). Japanese policy and programs for the fostering of global entrepreneurs. STI Policy Review, 7(1), pp. 40-65. Awarded the Science and Technology Policy Institute Fellowship, Korea.
- Kim (2017, Dec.). Task-based group learning for the interdisciplinary course: from classroom to online, The 8th International Conference on Distance Learning and Education (oral presentation)
- Kim (2018, Feb.). Topic-based Course Design for Enhancing Creativity and Innovation Skills, The 2nd JAIST World Conference: Advancing Design Knowledge for Quality of Life (oral presentation)
- Kim, & R. Beuran (2018, Oct.). On designing a cybersecurity educational program for higher education. In Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Education Technology and Computers, pp. 195-200, ACM.
- Kim (2018, Nov.). Innovations in higher education and a study of designing a workshop, the 57th Creative Salon, Japan Creative Society (invited talk)
- Fang & E. Kim (2019, Mar.). Designing an effective subtitle of E-learning videos based on eye tracker data, Sydney International Business Research Conference (oral presentation)
- Kim (2019, Jul.). STEAM Education in Graduate School for Enhancing Creativity and Innovation Skills, 3rd Annual International Symposium on the Future of STEAM Education. Awarded grant from Ogasawara Foundation for Promotion of Science and Technology (oral presentation)
- Du, Y. Nagai, & E. Kim, T. Yuizono, and M. Wang (2019, Sep.). Acquiring Design Language: Creativity of Experimental Ink Semantics Conversion in Design Education, In Proceedings of the International Conference on Engineering & Product Design Education, Chap 4, pp.1-6.
- Yu, T. Yuizono, & E. Kim (2019, Sep.). Integrating Entrepreneurship Education into Design Education: Toward an Embeddedness Model Based on Design Thinking, In Proceedings of the International Conference on Engineering & Product Design Education, Chap 21, pp.1-6.
- X. Sun, E. Kim, T. Yuizono, & L. Wang (2019, Sep.). A Proposal of Creativity Teaching in Product Design Education, In Proceedings of the International Conference of Japan Creativity Society, pp. 11-16. Awarded Best Presentation Award
- Q. Sun, & E. Kim (2019, Sep.). Exploring the creative experience of ceramic creation: The perspective of designers, In Proceedings of the International Conference of Japan Creativity Society, pp. 75-78.
2. Designing the innovation workshop processes :
- Kim & H. Horii, (2015). A study on an assessment framework for the novelty of ideas generated by analogical thinking. Procedia-Social and Behavioral Sciences, vol. 195, pp. 1396-1406.
- Kim, (2017). Workshop design for enhancing the appropriateness of idea generation using analogical thinking. International Journal of Innovation Studies, 1(2), 134-143.
- Kim & H. Horii, (2016). Analogical thinking for generation of innovative ideas: An exploratory study of influential factors. Interdisciplinary Journal of Information, Knowledge, and Management, vol. 11, pp. 201-214.
- Kim & H. Horii, (2016, Jun.). Identification of factors for creating appropriate business ideas using analogical thinking, Society of Open Innovation, Technology, Market, and Complexity, Awarded Wonderful paper award (oral presentation)
- Awarded a research grant for establishing an innovation education program at the Software Design Convergence Center, Dankook University in Korea, Ref: #2015-0456 by the Ministry of Science, ICT, and Future Planning, Republic of Korea, March 2016 – March 2017
- Shen, Y. Nagai, & E. Kim (2019, Feb.). A New Method for Architecture Space Design Based on Substance-Field Analysis. In IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science, Vol. 233, No. 2, pp.1-6. IOP Publishing.
3. Enhancing the quality of life harnessing information technologies
- Kim (2012). E-Cooperation with Social Media on Global Crisis: Emergence of micro-level communication, Journal of Appropriate Technology, 4(1) pp. 33-54. Awarded the best paper award by the city government of Seoul, Korea. (in Korean)
- Kim (2011, Oct.). Achieving Universal Primary Education with Cloud Computing: Past, Present, and Future, Education and Research Technology Forum, UNAM, Mexico City, Mexico (oral presentation)
- Kim (2012). Early Stage Infrastructure Development Project in ICT Sector in Korea: Strategy and Outcomes of Policies to Increase Subscription Rate for Household Telephony from 1960s to 90s, Innovation and Development Network, No. 20, pp. 1-17
- Kim (2012). Modernization of ICT Infrastructure for Public Uses in Korea: The Case of Electronic Government System in 1990s and 2000s, Innovation and Development Network, No. 23, pp. 1-18
- Kim (2012). Early Stage International Collaboration of S&T in Korea: Development of International Collaboration of S&T in 1960s, Innovation and Development Network, No. 24, pp. 1-17
- Kim (2012). Development of Information Villages in Korea, Innovation and Development Network, No. 17, pp. 1-19
- Yang, & E. Kim (2019, Sep.). Identifying Factors of The Market Development of University Campus O2O Project: A Case Study of Anlaiye, In Proceedings of the International Conference of Japan Creativity Society, (pp. 104-109)
- Ruma, M. Mahmood, & E. Kim (2019, Jul.). The Role of Image Sharing and User’s Interactions on Social Media to Promote Handloom Fashion Industry, In International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction (pp. 315-322). Springer, Cham.
- Katha, & E. Kim (2019, Sep.)A framework of enhancing skills of social entrepreneurs via mobile social network (MSN) application, In Proceedings of the International Conference of Japan Creativity Society, (pp. 30-33)
- Ruma, & E. Kim (2019, Sep.). An Innovative Business Model for Handloom SMEs in Bangladesh, n Proceedings of the International Conference of Japan Creativity Society, (pp. 26-29)