JAIST's Internationalized Environment for Education and Research
- Percentage of international students: 42% (as of May 1, 2018)
- Percentage of international faculty members: 18% (as of May 1, 2018)
- English is the instruction language of all the doctoral courses and most of the master's courses so that students obtain their degree without a command of Japanese language.
- The Global Communication Center secures the bilingual environment with solid English and Japanese language education programs.
- International Symposiums
- JAIST has been rated as a top class advanced institution at U-Multirank, the university ranking sponsored by European Union (EU). In the field of International Orientation, categories of "Foreign language master programs" and "International doctorate degrees" are at the highest rank.