【To Students, Faculty and Staff members】Message from the President(Updated of February 1, 2022)
Dear Students, Faculty and Staff members,
Thank you for your continued understanding and cooperation in preventing the spread of COVID-19.
Currently, the number of new cases of COVID-19 is increasing rapidly nationwide, and Priority Measures to Prevent the Spread of Disease have been expanded to 16 prefectures (Tokyo, Gunma, Saitama, Chiba, Kanagawa, Niigata, Gifu, Aichi, Mie, Hiroshima, Yamaguchi, Kagawa, Nagasaki, Kumamoto, Miyazaki, and Okinawa), so we need to remain vigilant and continue to take serious precautions to protect ourselves.
In Ishikawa Prefecture, the number of new cases of COVID-19 is increasing due to the Omicron variants, and school-related clusters have been reported, making the situation unpredictable.
Therefore, I would like to once again ask you to continue to take preventive measures such as wearing masks, disinfecting your hands and avoiding crowded places to stay safe from COVID-19.
The preventive measures for COVID-19 at JAIST are as follows from January 21. Please follow the preventive measures thoroughly and act with caution in all situations.
- Thoroughly follow infection control measures such as "avoid the three Cs", "keep a safe distance from others", "wear a mask", and "wash hands and use hand sanitizer".
- Wear a mask on campus (including student housings) to ensure the health and safety of students, faculty and staff members, especially when coming into contact with or talking to others.
- Caution is advised in "5 situations that increase the risk of infection" (see attachment) issued by the Subcommittee on Novel Coronavirus Disease Control.
- For business trips or operations that require cross-border travel, consider changing the schedule or online communication, etc. as an option, and do not make unnecessary business trips when the government or local government has issued a "State of Emergency" or "Priority Measures to Prevent the Spread of Diseases" for the destination.
- If, after taking the above into consideration, you still need to make a business trip or travel to an area under a State of Emergency or Priority Measures to Prevent the Spread of Disease", contact the Crisis Management (firstname.lastname@example.org) in advance.
- Carefully judge whether or not to travel to areas where COVID-19 cases are rapidly increasing, and if you do, return to Ishikawa Prefecture as soon as possible after completing your work.
- The same apply to visitors from outside of Ishikawa Prefecture.
- After you return to Ishikawa Prefecture, monitor your health and if you are unwell such as have a fever, email the Crisis Management (email@example.com) immediately and do not come to the campus.
- COVID clusters linked to eating and drinking settings have been reported in many parts of Japan. When holding or attending business lunches or dinners, keep the number of people to a small number and for a short time, and take thorough preventive measures (e.g., avoid restaurants where you cannot keep sufficient distance from others, ventilate regularly, wear a mask). Please be vigilant and act with caution to avoid catching and spreading COVID-19.
When you are eating out, choose one that has been approved by Ishikawa Prefecture as a "COVID-19 control measure certified restaurant".
- Departure from Japan (except for return to home country after completion)
○ As for the student's overseas travel during COVID-19 pandemic, refer to the separate notice. 【Outline】○ As for the faculty and staff member's overseas travel during COVID-19 pandemic, refer to the separate notice.
- Entering Japan
After entering Japan, you must stay at a quarantine facility near the airport for
10 days7days(※1), including the period specified by the quarantine station. However, if you have a home (excluding JAIST House) where you can stay in a private room (with private bath and toilet), you are allowed to stay at your home as a quarantine site after leaving the quarantine facility.
※1...Update: January 29, 2022
- Regarding the opening etc. of the Tokyo Satellite, refer to the separate notice.
- If you are unwell such as have a fever, call your primary care doctor or the Ishikawa Consulting Center for Patients with Fever (0120-540-004) for consultation. Those who are instructed to see a doctor, do not use public transportations (including JAIST Shuttle). If you are taking Kanaya Taxi (076-272-0085), call in advance and inform them that you have a fever and visiting a doctor.
In order to prevent COVID-19 cluster on campus, residents of JAIST student housing and staff housing who are tested for PCR/antigen at their doctor's visit will be placed in designated accommodation without returning to their own rooms, so bring personal belongings such as cash, health insurance card, change of clothes/sleeping wear and mobile phone (including charger) etc.
Email your doctor's visit result to the Crisis Management (firstname.lastname@example.org) and follow their instructions. If the test result is positive, the Crisis Management and Health Center staff will ask you about your movement (date, time, location, activities and contacts), please give them your cooperation. If you do not have return transportation from doctors, ask for assistance at the hospital or health center (0761-22-0793).
- If the government issues a State of Emergency or Priority Measures to Prevent the Spread of Disease in Ishikawa Prefecture, or if there is a new case of COVID-19 on campus, JAIST will take the necessary actions and ask for your cooperation.
For many of you students, this is an important time as you work towards the completion of your studies. In order to stay free of influenza and other infectious diseases and to perform at your best, I ask for your continued cooperation in taking measures to protect yourself and others from infectious diseases.
January 21, 2022
President of Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology
（English）5 situations that increase risk of infection