Haoran Xie, Ph.D.
- 2021.12 We organized JAIST×Fukui Uni.×Toyama Uni. research seminar（AI for Visual Computing）(LINK).
- 2022 Will serve as NICOGRAPH 2022 General Chair, Cyberwords 2022 Program Co-Chair, NICOINT 2022 Publication Chair.
- 2021.09 Our project AugLimb has been featured TechXplore, Arduino.cc, IEEE Spectrum, Science X, and in other languages.
- 2021.08 Our project Sketch2Domino has been reported by Seamless in ITmedia NEWS, Newspicks, Twitter, Facebook.
- 2021.07 We presented 7 paper in NICOINT2021, won Best Short + Full Nominee + Poster Presentation Awards!
- 2021.05 We presented xLimb, xBalloon, NaviChoker in AH2021, xLimb won Best Short Paper Award!
- 2021.05 Our recent work BPActuators has been reported by Nikkan Kogyo Shimbun (LINK).
- 2021.03 Our recent work xLimb has been reported by Seamless in ITmedia NEWS, Newspicks, Twitter, Facebook.
- 2021.03 We have successfully held ISID2021, Great thanks to all speakers, poster presenters and participants.
- 2020.12 As Program Chair in 1st International Symposium on Intelligence Design(ISID2021). Register and Submit before 3/1!
- 2020.12 As Publication Chair in 20th NICOGRAPH International(NICOINT2021). Submit before 2/22!
- 2020.12 As Program Committee in 12th Augmented Human International(AH2021). Submit before 2/25!
H. Xie is a Senior Lecturer at Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (JAIST)
from October 2020, also work in JAIST Research Center for Cohabitative-AI×Design. Before that,
he was Assistant Professor in JAIST from April 2018,
project Assistant Professor and postdoc researcher in User Interface Research Group working with
Takeo Igarashi in University of Tokyo from April 2015. Ph.D. and M.S. in Computer Graphics under the supervision of Kazunori Miyata
from JAIST (2015), B.S. in Applied Mathematics from Anhui University (2006). Visiting Kent State University (2013-2014) working with Ye Zhao, University of Sydney (2011), University of California Davis (2012).
Member of ACM, IEEE, IPSJ, Society for Art and Science. Have been reported by Daily Industrial News, ITmedia NEWS, TechXplore, China Science Daily etc.
- Sketch-based Interfaces: for geometry modeling, animation, image generation, drawing, etc.
- Human-AI Interaction: human-in-the-loop, crowdsourcing, human computation, etc.
- Augmented Human: with robotic arm, shape-changing interface, wearable devices, etc. Besides, my research interests also include Data-driven Physical Simulations with turbulence, aerodynamics, fluid dynamics; Spatial Creativity Support for fabrication, game, training, dance, sports, cooking; Robotics with soft actuators and robotic control.
Research Projects (For more details, please refer to page Publications and Videos.)[Sketch2VF][Skeleton2Stroke][Sketch2Domino][Sketch2Bento][Sketch2AniHair][Sketch2Motion][DualFace]
[Project][Code] [PDF][Video] [Talk][CVM]
(Sketch2VF, CASA2019, CAVW2019)
[Project][Video] [PDF](Best Paper Nomin)
(FontManifold, NICOINT 2019)
(xLimb, AugLimb, AH 2021)(Best Short)
(xClothes, AH 2020)
[Project][Video][ACM](Best Paper Award)
(RESTAIL, AH 2019)
[Project][Youtube] [News][TV] [ACM]
|Physics Simulation (Data-Driven)|
(PanelAD, ACM SIGGRAPH, TOG 18)
(Light Rigid, Visual Computer 14)
(xBalloon, AH 2021)
(BPActuators, RoboSoft 2021)
(Robot Drawing, 2016)
|Spatial Creativity Support|
(Body2Particles, ICEC 2020)
(Sketch2Domino, NICOINT 2020)
(BalloonFAB, CHI 2019-LBW)
Awards and Honors
- Best Full Paper Nominee Award (S.Luo), NICOGRAPH International 2021 (NICOINT2021), 2021/07. [LINK]
- Best Short Paper Award (Z.Huang), NICOGRAPH International 2021 (NICOINT2021), 2021/07. [LINK]
- Best Poster Presentation Award (H.Wang), NICOGRAPH International 2021 (NICOINT2021), 2021/07. [LINK]
- Best Short Paper Award (Z.Ding), Augmented Human 2021 (AH2021), 2021/05. [LINK]
- Best Poster Award (Z.Huang), 1st International Symposium on Intelligence Design, 2021/03. [LINK]
- Best Poster Award (R.Miyauchi), 1st International Symposium on Intelligence Design, 2021/03. [LINK]
- Best Short Paper Award (Hotta@Fukui Uni.), IMVIP 2020, 2020/09 [LINK]
- Best Online Presentation Award (Poster) (Z.Huang), NICOGRAPH International 2020, 2020/06 [LINK]
- Best Online Presentation Award (Paper) (Z.He), NICOGRAPH International 2020, 2020/06 [LINK]
- Best Online Presentation Award (Paper) (Y.Peng), NICOGRAPH International 2020, 2020/06 [LINK]
- Best Paper Award (Y.Peng), NICOGRAPH International 2020, 2020/06 [LINK]
- 2nd Best Paper Award, Augmented Human 2020, 2020/06 [LINK]
- Top Downloaded Paper, Computer Animation and Virtual Worlds, Wiley, 2020 [LINK]
- Student Best Presentation Award (Y.Adachi), HCG Symposium 2019, 2019 [LINK]
- Best Paper Nominee Award (Z.Hu), Computer Animation and Social Agents 2019, 2019 [LINK]
- Front Cover Image, Computer Animation and Virtual Worlds, 2019 [LINK]
- FUNAI Research Award for Young Scientists, FUNAI Foundation, 2019 [LINK]
- 3rd prize (10/2300), 1st China Innovation International Competition, 2017
- 2nd prize, Industrial Final (Information Technology), 1st China Innovation International Competition, 2017
- IPSJ SIG Recommended PhD Thesis, Information Processing Society of Japan, 2015/08 [LINK1][LINK2]
- Valedictorian (Representative of the Graduates), JAIST, 2015/03
- Outstanding Performance Students Award (Ph.D.), JAIST, 2015/03
- Highlighted paper, SIGGRAPH Asia 2013@ACM, 2013/11 [News][Link]
- Best Poster Award, Fellowship Report Session@JAIST, 2013/09
- Best Paper Award, NICOGRAPH International 2013@The Society for Art and Science, 2013/06 [LINK]
- Outstanding Performance Students Award (M.S.), JAIST, 2012/03
- JAIST Full Scholarship, JAIST, 2012-2013
- JASSO Scholarship for International Students, JASSO, 2011-2012
- GRP Scholarship for Master Students, JAIST, 2011-2012
- Student Scholarship, 4 times, Anhui university, 2002-2006
- Senior Lecturer@JAIST, 2020.10 - current
- Assistant Professor@JAIST, 2018.04 - 2020.09
- Project Assistant Professor@University of Tokyo, 2017.04 - 2018.03
- Postdoc Researcher@University of Tokyo, 2016.04 - 2017.03
- JSPS Research Fellow (PD)@University of Tokyo, 2015.04 - 2016.03
- Ph.D. (Computer Graphics)@JAIST, 2012.04 - 2015.03
- JSPS Research Fellow (DC2)@JAIST, 2014.04 - 2015.03
- Visiting Scholar@Kent State University, (2013)
- M.S. (Computer Graphics)@JAIST, 2010.04 - 2012.03
- Visiting Scholar@The University of Sydney, Australia, (2011)
- Research Student(Computer Graphics)@JAIST, 2009.10 - 2010.03
- System Engineer, Project Leader@USTC EBT, 2006.07 - 2009.09
- B.S. (Applied Mathematics)@Anhui University, 2002.09 - 2006.06
|Address:||1-1 Asahidai, Nomi, Ishikawa, 923-1211, Japan|