1. About uninstalling Symantec Endpoint Protection (required)
We have been providing the Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) for all JAIST members, but the academic license of SEP will expire on March 18, 2018.
Since we cannot renew the license, please uninstall SEP by then.
2. About providing new antivirus software ESET Endpoint Security
We will provide the following product as alternative anti-virus software for all JAIST members.
Software name: ESET Endpoint Security (ESET)
Scope of use: The whole university
(use of terminals possessed by individuals is also acceptable)
Furthermore, we will provide additional anti-virus software (Cylance Protect) for faculty and staff. We will notify this matter separately.
For details about 1 and 2, refer to the following web page for details.
- New university-oriented anti-virus software ESET Endpoint Security
- QandA on altering anti-virus software
- Symantec Academic Subscription Program ended
goo.gl/sVnHd9 # Japanese text only