The user account uniquely identifies you on the JAIST network for various computing services. Your user account is created when you become a JAIST member (student or employee).
A user account is necessary when you use the following equipments and services.
- Workstations (Solaris/Windows)
- Web-based e-mail, or “WebMail”
- Registration to wireless LAN system, etc.
A user account is also called a login ID or just an account in some
Purpose of the password
The password is important to protect your authority on the JAIST computers. If other persons know your password, it means that you have given them your authority on the computers.
The password should be made from 8 characters or more (in many systems, starting from the ninth character is ignored, but 8 characters or more are required) and also the followings are recommended.
Please set your password properly.
- Insert 2 or more numeric characters and/or symbols into a pronounceable word.
- Make it with 2 or more words, capitalize one or more characters and insert a number or symbol between or within the words.
It is a system that unifies the authentication information when using various systems on campus.
The SSO (single sign-on) function makes it possible to use different systems with one authentication (limited to the same Web browser within a certain period of time).
For details, please read the JAIST-SSO page below.
Please come to RCACI desk (Room I-24) with your student ID.
* If you have already set up a password reset email address, you can reset your password yourself. Please see here for details.
* JAIST-SSO authentication failure can also be due to something other than a password. See the FAQ "'AUTHENTICATION FAILED' is displayed.".
There are various types of employees at JAIST, and the IT services available vary depending on your employee type.
For example, for Microsoft o365, check this page.
And, You can check the IT services currently granted to you by self-maitenance screen.
Please login to the self-maintenance screen from the following page and check the available services (jaistAllowedService).