JAIST users can publish their personal website as follows.
In order to publish the website using our Web server, user registration is necessary.
Please register here.
In order to publish a Web page on www.jaist.ac.jp, you need to upload the content (HTML file, image file, etc.) to www.jaist.ac.jp.
The upload destination is:
- Server name：www.jaist.ac.jp
- Password：usual password for all JAIST accounts （Since 2009/11 update, ldap synchronized）
- Destination path： /home/USERNAME/public_html (can use the ~/public_html/ shortcut shell expansion)
For example: The file /home/USERNAME/public_html/sample.html will be published with the following URL
Refer to the following for different upload methods
- Using a PC
Since the method is different depending on the software, please refer to the document of the software to be used or the search the web.
- Using a workstation
When creating HTML file using editors such as emacs, it is recommended to put it first in "~/public_html/". It can be checked using "http://www2.jaist.ac.jp/~user name". After confirming,it can be uploaded to "www.jaist.ac.jp".
- ftp , scp :
Please transfer it to the corresponding directory.
Compared to ftp, scp, it is more convenient when there are many files to be transferred.
- When transferring the file ~/public_html/index.html from the workstation to ~/public_html on www.jaist.ac.jp
rsync -e ssh -av ~/public_html/index.html www:~/public_html
If you are prompted for a password at runtime, enter the password for www.jaist.ac.jp.
- When transferring the contents of the folder ~/public_html from the workstation to ~/public_html on www.jaist.ac.jp
rsync -e ssh -av ~/public_html www:~/
Specify the parent directory on the destination host.
- In the above case if a file existing on www.jaist.ac.jp is newer than the file from the workstation and required to be kept as it is
rsync -e ssh -auv ~/public_html www:~/
- To remove files removed in the source (be careful not to delete data files by mistake of missing or empty folders)
rsync -e ssh -auv --delete ~/public_html www:~/
- ftp , scp :
The file can also be editing directly when logging-in to www.jaist.ac.jp.
To use CGI
perl(5.8.7) is provided
- Perl path：/usr/local/bin/perl
- Script location：make a "cgi-bin" directory, directly inside the user web published directory，add the perl script in that folder