7. About your password
Registration of password reset email address
By registering a non-JAIST e-mail address in advance, you can reset your password if you forget your password.
We recommend that you register a password reset e-mail address before changing your initial password.
(Reference: Password reset)
[How to register a password reset e-mail address]
- Access the self-maintenance screen.
- Enter the email address to be registered in the [Password reset email address] field.
- Click "Update" at the bottom of the screen.
Change your password
Please be sure to change the initial password.
When accessing the password change screen from off-campus networks, One Time Password or digital certificate is required.
[How to change your password]
- Access the password change screen.
- Enter your current password
- Enter a new password that fulfills the password policy twice.
- Click [Change Password].
* If the password requirements are not fulfilled or the password entered twice is different, that fact will be displayed on the right side of the screen and the [Change Password] button will remain grayed out.
Go to the following page for more information.
Q. Should I register an email address for password reset?
A. Registration is recommended, though not absolutely necessary. If you have forgotten your password and have not registered your e-mail address for password reset, you will need to come to the center reception with your student ID card.
Q. What should I do if I fear my password has been compromised?
A. Please contact JAIST CSIRT (JAIST Computer Security Incident Response Team).