Overview and Preparation
To connect to SSL-VPN from a smartphone or tablet device, use the client application (F5 Access).
You need to install the client app.(F5 Accsess) on your devices.
Integrated Authentication (JAIST-SSO) is used for authentication at the time of connection.
Please set up your digital certificate or one-time password in advance.
How to set it up
- Start "F5 Access" and configurate as follows. (First time only)
ItemName Value Description e.g. JAIST (Any name you can understand.) Server
"https://vpn.jaist.ac.jp" (NOT "https://vpn-sso.jaist.ac.jp/" )
Web Logon ON Useing client certificate ON (When "OFF", authentication will be performed using a one-time password.) client certificate
JAIST's digital certificate imported in advance if you choose digital certificate authentication
Username unnecessary Password unnecessary On-demand connection OFF
- Tap "connect" button.
- Enter your username and password.
- Enter one-time password if asked.
- Choose "jaist-vpn1" or "jaist-vpn2."
- If you see the message "Connected," your SSL-VPN connection is established.
Tip: How to import a client certificate to a tablet device
For iOS, Please import client certificates into the dedicated SSL-VPN client application (F5 Access).